Replies

• TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Carrots
  • FitterBody
    FitterBody Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    - Durian - that shiz is , and smells, nasty.

There. Fixed that for you.

There. If you gonna fix it, fix it right!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers
    Raw onion
    Eggplant
    Black licorice

^this is ridiculous! All those foods are yummy, how are you supposed to enjoy ratatouille if you don't eat egg plant? and I feel very very sorry for souls who don't have any lack licorice:(

I can't cook eggplant, therefore stay away from it!! And black licorice is gross!

I agree with this guy. :D

Black licorice is not a food, therefore, any discussion about eating it is null and void. :sick:
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Cucumbers
    Raw onion
    Eggplant
    Black licorice

^this is ridiculous! All those foods are yummy, how are you supposed to enjoy ratatouille if you don't eat egg plant? and I feel very very sorry for souls who don't have any lack licorice:(

I can't cook eggplant, therefore stay away from it!! And black licorice is gross!

I agree with this guy. :D

Why can't you all just be nice? Two of my Favourite treats are ratatouille and black licorice. This feels like food shaming to me, and I thought mfp was supposed to be a support group, not a "make-disparaging-remarks-about-my-tastes-group! Oh well! Carry on bullies! I have no time for this.
  • ellen2277
    ellen2277 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am staying away from bread, flour, pasta, rice and other high carbs. Just started so don't know how it works, but my Dr. lost 50 lbs in 5 months using this diet. At least 50 grams of protein a day and 3000 g of omega 3, 8 glasses of water and a multivitamin. I'll let you know how it works for me.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    you can eat most anything.. but try to pick better choices. Choose whole grain breads and not enriched/bleached flour bread. Eat vegies and whole foods and try to limit the processed foods. water is always a great choice when you are thirsty. just find what works for you and keep trying out new foods as you go. As long as you are in a deficit, you will lose weight.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I am staying away from bread, flour, pasta, rice and other high carbs. Just started so don't know how it works, but my Dr. lost 50 lbs in 5 months using this diet. At least 50 grams of protein a day and 3000 g of omega 3, 8 glasses of water and a multivitamin. I'll let you know how it works for me.

I'd wither away and die on that diet. I have those "high" carbs daily. And at least twice that amount of protein. :flowerforyou:
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Poop. DO NAT eat poop.
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Poop. DO NAT eat poop.

Why not? Dogs Doo (sorry I could not help myself).
    yeh, No poop.
    To be serious, if there is something that triggers you to binge, avoid it. If it makes you ill (allergies or dietary restrictions), avoid it. Otherwise, everything in moderation.
  • Sonicz90x
    Sonicz90x Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Partially hydrogenated oils, high n-6 vegetable oils, and excess fructose (read: over 50g a day) are things to watch. Their impact on weight gain/loss is nothing, but can affect other markers such as HDL/LDL levels, inflammation, and just overall wellness.

I'm not saying avoid these things altogether, but minimizing them in your diet can only help.
  • jaya_lakshmi27
    Options
    I have to stay away from peanut butter. It's one of my favorite things and has a ton of stuff that's really bad for you (hydrogenated oils) and I always eat way too much of it.
  • Sonicz90x
    Sonicz90x Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have to stay away from peanut butter. It's one of my favorite things and has a ton of stuff that's really bad for you (hydrogenated oils) and I always eat way too much of it.
    There are several brands of natural peanut butter that only contain peanuts and salt.
  • seismicmuffin
    seismicmuffin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Personally I have to stay away from saltines, pretzels, sunflowers seeds, basically anything salty and crunchy or I can (and will) eat the entire bag.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    i stay clear from olives, cottage cheese, avocados, leeks, celery. all the stuff i cant stand.
    oh yes liver and kidneys they are just nasty.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options

I'd wither away and die on that diet. I have those "high" carbs daily. And at least twice that amount of protein. :flowerforyou:

+1
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    None of them!

:)

Just foods in moderation!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    none..

eat what you like and as long as you stay in a calorie deficit you will continue to lose.
    ^This.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    quinoa...

...because you should avoid anything you can't pronounce (or so i've been told). :huh:
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

Only ingredient on my peanut butter is...PEANUTS