Why did you request who you requested?

Options
mrmarius
mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
Most requests we get here are random so I wondered why we ask people to be friends here. I request some because they are new and need friends, some just cause I thought they were cute (ladies only lol) and most because I like how far they have progressed. What about yall

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I request inspirational people. The ones who have lost a gazillion pounds. Most of my friends, however, requested me. :)
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    They seem / nice / interesting / motivational and or they are a female around the same height as me
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I request people who seem to be encouraging (see them support other friends) and those who don't bs or make excuses. I've become a lot more selective with those I accept friend requests from as I've had to delete friends who I find aren't here for the right reasons.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I wear my heart on my sleeve . . . so my requests are always because of a new members compelling story, someone who is frustrated or discouraged and could use a friend, and some who I see have had amazing sucess to help my motivation . . . and anyone who I notice is Canadian so we can complain about the weather together in winter . . . ha ha.
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I usually request people that have responded to something I've said , women that are the same height as me, have similar weightloss goals or are friends with other friends of mine that seem really awesome & supportive!!!

Also, I get alot of friend requests & I prefer when people leave a message as to why they want to be my friend :happy: Just because it's interesting & I'm more likely to say yes!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I request those who I think are encouraging and continue to push themselves. I find them as motivation on days that I don't feel like doing right and also to let me know that it is possible to achieve the definition that I want.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    i don't request people too often, although i dont' think I've ever turned down a friend request.
    the rare ones I do send out are because we have mutual friends and i see them on different profiles commenting on the same status messages and i think they're fun(ny) or we have similar interests.
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I usually request people that have responded to something I've said , women that are the same height as me, have similar weightloss goals or are friends with other friends of mine that seem really awesome & supportive!!!

This is what I look for too - and women around same age.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    i don't request people too often, although i dont' think I've ever turned down a friend request.
    the rare ones I do send out are because we have mutual friends and i see them on different profiles commenting on the same status messages and i think they're fun(ny) or we have similar interests.

*high five* DITTO!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I request people who seem to be encouraging (see them support other friends) and those who don't bs or make excuses. I've become a lot more selective with those I accept friend requests from as I've had to delete friends who I find aren't here for the right reasons.
    when you say not here for the right reasons what do you mean
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I've requested friends that were new and I thought needed encouragement. I've also requested encouraging people. :)
  • ismatts
    Options
    I see people who make positive posts and like to surround myself with positive people, it always makes my mood turn from bad to good!!!!

:)
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    They are usually funny, biker types, culinary types or a combination of the three.

I have know idea why people friend me. Some people must like old fat bald men.
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I do it based on these things:

*People I see on the board who are funny AND encouraging (I need a sense of humor in my diet life).
    *If I see them being exceptionally caring/motivating on a current friend's page.
    OR
    *If I see something about their looks, weight loss journey, or what I can see from their profile I find inspiring

I usually will accept any request, but really prefer those with messages attached and if they have some sort of photo. I will delete friends who go MIA pretty regularly, because the people who are serious are usually on daily, or, if they take a break they'll let us know :laugh:
  • DrumlineGirl
    DrumlineGirl Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I haven't been here very long, so have only done a few requests. They are people I'm doing challenges with normally. And basically only women, because I'm paranoid about being friends with men I don't know, sorry if that's close-minded. I'm somewhat in the public eye in my area and I'm trying to be safe!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I request people that want to be a part of some group or challenge I am partaking in.

If I can see a logical reason why someone sent me a request - we've crossed paths somehow - I'll accept them. I don't like to accept just random people. It's weird to me.
  • KcFitCoach
    KcFitCoach Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I request people for different reasons - they're motivational, they have a positive attitude, they have similar stats, I can learn from them, we have things in common in our lives, they're fun, etc., etc., etc.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    There are a few factors that determine whether or not I will send out a friend request, but the most common ones are:

1) Females the same age/height/weight as me
    2) Motivational users- if I see some of my friends have comments left my encouraging users, I normally add them
    3) People who have lost a lot of weight or reached their gal
    4) Funny people!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I'll request someone who I see on the boards alot and who seem serious, give good support and advice, and aren't "whiners
    " (not to insult anyone but sometimes people use every excuse every single day - this is a process and a committment).
  • apeman
    apeman Posts: 82
    Options
    It's all about activity to me. Positive active people get to stay. Others go. Nothing personal but I'm not here to get 500 friends or to be a Beachbody Coach and 'market' myself but positive people who encourage others and are interesting get my attention.