Out of calories, hungry, what do you eat?

Options

Replies

• SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Tons of water and green tea. If I really can't help it a huge plate of veggies or a salad, both of whch are very filling and have low calories! 20 spears of aspargus have about 60 cal and they are filling me up nicely.
    Stef.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    My go-to snack is an air popped snack food called Cheecha Puffs (at bulk barn, Canada) They are only 90 calories for a 2 cup serving. I also love making microwaved apples. You dice an apple, sprinkle with Splenda and cinnamon and microwave it for about three minutes until soft. I add a bit of rasins if I have calories left for them. Sometimes just a hot tea is enough to get me through.
  • allisonjforsyth
    allisonjforsyth Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I agree about the pickles. They are not the tastiest, but at only five calories per spear (on average) they offer me something crunchy, cold and salty. Otherwise an ounce of baby carrots, or an ounce of watermelon is usually only about ten calories each. So three ounces or so, is still very low cal and can curb the hunger feelings. Also, water or tea, or either a couple of sugarfree mints, or some gum, (not filling - but can trick my mind into moving on without the additional food.) When I get to that point in the night, I'll usually want to just go to sleep, so I can wake up and have fresh calorie amounts again, lol. I'm glad you posted this though. I'm definitely going to look into some of these ideas. Some I have never heard of before.
  • beleeLafter
    Options
    I'll drink a glass of unsweetened almond milk. Sometimes an apple. Usually does the trick :)
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Rome was not built in a day. I eat, and I figure out how to keep from having a repeat of what happened. Usually something with carbs to it so I'm not dragging *kitten* in the morning. Comfort first.
  • jaya_lakshmi27
    Options
    I eat either an apple, carrots, or both. If I'm really hungry and SERIOUSLY afraid of going over (some days I don't care, sometimes I'll freak), I'll eat whatever and burn it off. Apples normally do the trick though (:
  • jaya_lakshmi27
    Options
    Rome was not built in a day. I eat, and I figure out how to keep from having a repeat of what happened. Usually something with carbs to it so I'm not dragging *kitten* in the morning. Comfort first.

I usually try to eat something without carbs! I find that they make me a lot more tired in the morning after I eat them.
  • mbitely2004
    mbitely2004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Veggies, My favorite is baby carrots but I also like Cauliflower, Cucumber, and Celery.
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    I have a huge jar of pickle halves and packs of sugar free gum for the unfortunate (but rare) event that I'm out of calories too early in the day and get hungry at night.
  • Acaputa
    Acaputa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    protein powder (90 cal/scoop) + water or almond milk or a mix + 1 Tbs chia seeds. Drink slowly. Then drink water.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    air and light like the Ukrainian "barbie!!"

Or...

An apple with 1 tbsp of peanut/almond butter lol
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I work out so I can stuff my face some more.
    No work out, no more face stuffing time.
  • toshtip
    toshtip Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    0007874211339_500X500.jpg

... especially the peach or other sweet ones that taste like something.

AND / OR

Emerald-Cocoa-Almonds-chocolate-fix-under-150-calories-pg-06-full.jpg
  • allaboutjen5
    allaboutjen5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Apple or popcorn.
  • jr235
    jr235 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Veggies and hummus
    Popcorn
    Fruit and cheese - I have been known to gnaw away on an entire bag of cherries of grapes
    Fried egg
    A bowl of soup - bean soup is VERY filling

Sometimes i just have a small portion of leftovers.

I also make a few breakfast casseroles that amazingly come out ~100 calories per serving. About 8-10 eggs depending on size, 1/2 cup milk, 1 tbsp flour, dash of baking soda, freshly ground salt and pepper.

I generally rotate the toppings between
    1. Roasted potatoes, tomatoes, bacon, fresh dill, and fresh parsley
    2. Fresh spinach, red bell peppers, sauteed onions, fresh dill and parsley, and feta
    3. 'Refried' beans with pico de gallo and lots of cilantro
    4. Boston baked beans
    5. Breakfast sausage, bell peppers, and onions

Throw it all together in a greased pie dish and bake until cooked. About 30 minutes? Depends on how thick your eggs are. I don't bother with a crust or anything. A little usually gets stuck to the pan, but that is what my dish washer is for. I say one dish makes 8 servings. I have one most mornings.
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Baby spinach and a wee bit of feta cheese.

Or usually whatever I'm craving, but I usually save some calories for late night snacking because I know I will do it or I won't sleep.
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Maybe someone already mentioned these, but I love Special K Cracker crisps. You can eat 30 of them for 110 calories. Even half that amount makes for a nice-sized snack. That and yogurt are usually my go-to's if I have less than a hundred calories to eat.

If I'm tempted to eat and I'm out of calories though, it's best that I just go to bed, because I have a tough time stopping at just one snack once I'm in the red (I struggle with "in for a penny in for a pound" mentality)
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I walk another mile, then have a light snack. If there is any red showing, I walk some more.
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    A banana and some hot tea
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese!