Calorie free peanut spread

Options
There is a shop on ebay that sells calorie free foods. Anyone tried Waldon farms fat free, calorie free peanut spread? Is it even possible? Don't want to get ripped off and don't want to put weight on!

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    That sounds horrific....And impossible?
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I have tried a few of their products but never the peanut spread. The Cesar dressing is not too bad but all of their stuff has a strong vinegar taste. My wife likes the BBQ sauce. For the price it is just not worth it.

Edit to add, if you are looking for lower calorie but still tasty peanut butter. Then buy PB2, it is real and natural and tastes very good. 2 tablespoons are 45 calories vs 190 for regular Peanut butter.

img_7494.jpg
  • caramm1
    caramm1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    They actually have their own website and everything is made with Splenda rather sugar (artificial sweetener) Not sure how they taste but check out their website and you can check the ingredients for yourself!!!
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I can't (and don't want to ) imagine what it has in it.

I buy peanut butter from the supermarket, I check all the ingredients, and buy (usually the cheapest ) one, I select based on ingredient and nutrition, I expect it to contain peanuts and a little oil, and a little salt anything else and I don't want it.
    my current one is from whole earth and contains 97% peanut
  • princessnuriko
    princessnuriko Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I tried powdered peanut butter once. Just add water to the powder. Really, really low in calories. I can't remember the brand. I still have it, but it was disgusting. It's best used for shakes or baking. I used Peter Pan Whipped Peanut Butter. 150c per serving. I eat it everyday. It's kind of my guilty pleasure with raisins and a slice of milton's double fiber bread. I eat for dessert.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    It's disgusting. Don't do it save your money. Buy real peanut butter, weigh it, log it and enjoy it.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I like my peanut butter chunky. Can you get that with pb2?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine the taste.lol!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    What exactly is the point of a calorie free food? Can it be classed as a food at all?
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    What exactly is the point of a calorie free food? Can it be classed as a food at all?

I doubt it. It's most likely nutritionally void.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    product_3076_large.jpg

^^^^^^THIS is peanut butter!!!! Accept no substitute!!!!!
  • Annabelliedellie
    Options
    I have tried a few of their products but never the peanut spread. The Cesar dressing is not too bad but all of their stuff has a strong vinegar taste. My wife likes the BBQ sauce. For the price it is just not worth it.

Edit to add, if you are looking for lower calorie but still tasty peanut butter. Then buy PB2, it is real and natural and tastes very good. 2 tablespoons are 45 calories vs 190 for regular Peanut butter.

img_7494.jpg

Good review about PB2 on this site :

http://sunnysideupsoph.com/2014/03/28/peanut-butter-vs-pb2/
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I bought some chocolate sauce from them... it seemed to be the item with the most positive reviews, all the others had "Yuck!" as their highest rated review pretty much...

But it tasted so awful, I had to throw it out... I tried it in all different kinds of ways, and it was just not edible. And I'm not at all sensitive to the taste of 'fake foods' usually! So I was really surprised by how disgusting I would find it.

Haven't tried their peanut butter, but my gues is that it's worse... To get the consistency of peanut butter, they will have to use even more thickeners and emulsifiers etc. which is what gives the awful taste.

Try PB2, tastes abseloutly lovely, and has 80% less calories than regular peanut butter
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options

Unfortuneatly, no :( I like it crunchy too, so I'm sad. But I eat it on crisp bread, to give the illusion, lol :b
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    There is a shop on ebay that sells calorie free foods. Anyone tried Waldon farms fat free, calorie free peanut spread? Is it even possible? Don't want to get ripped off and don't want to put weight on!

the only way it could be calorie free , is if it contained no real peanuts, and about 45 chemicals with multiple syllable names
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

Unfortuneatly, no :( I like it crunchy too, so I'm sad. But I eat it on crisp bread, to give the illusion, lol :b

• PrimalGirl
    PrimalGirl Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Fat free equals sugar high, which just leads to insulin spikes and then hunger pangs.

Try something like an almond butter, which is higher in fat but contains hardly any sugar or carbs, so will sate you and stop you reaching for the snacks 2 hours later.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Impossible!

Chemical ****storm IMO.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I have tried their salad dressing. I didn't like it very much.

^^It is not chunky, but it is very low calorie and as you have to mix it with water, maybe add in some chopped peanuts. It will add calories, but still will be lower in calories than regular peanut butter.

I like PB2. I eat it on a toasted English muffin with sliced banana.
  • Honeycat89
    Honeycat89 Posts: 149
    Options

img_7494.jpg

Good review about PB2 on this site :

http://sunnysideupsoph.com/2014/03/28/peanut-butter-vs-pb2/

Thanks for sharinf my blog Annabellie :)

PB2 is slightly crunchy! It has bits of peanut in and definitely has some texture. It isn't as crunchy as original PB of course but it isn't completely smooth. You can add as much or little water as you want to to make it your desired consistency.