P90x3

Options
I am on the first week of block 3 of the p90x3 workout and since the beginning i have not lost any weight. I have however lost about an 1 inch around the waist. I think i should be progressing a lot quicker. Does anybody have any experience in this? I am Male 5'11, 181.5 lbs and i feel i eat very clean. I measure everything i eat and usually hit my target goals on protein/carbs/fats. I was doing a 40/30/30 and and just changed it tonight to start trying 30/40/30. I feel i have gain some muscle mostly in the thighs and chest area but nothing on arms. I cannot for the life of me get rid of the belly fat. Often in the evening it looks like i gain weight as my stomach gets bloated it's really weird. What else can i say that would help i do run at least 2 times a week about 3 miles each time.

If anybody has any advice please let me know.

thanks

Replies

• csmitty30
    Options
    Radedj, I also just started the p90x3 program. I start day 5 today. I have looked A LOT into the weight gain from programs like p90x3. Basically the short version is, your body is freaking out and releasing a hormone that causes your body to retain water and foods because of the such extreme workout that you aren't use too. A lot of folkes say that they barely lose throughout the whole program until the final week or so. Just keep up with your diet, and keep going as hard as possible on all the workouts and not missing any and also keep taking measurements and you will be fine. (Or at least I hope because I'm in the same boat as you!) lol
  • sherylannhertel
    Options
    I"m glad to read this too because I am very petite at only 5'3 and weighed 115 usually. Mind you I have no weighed myself in a while and have not changed diet. I started p90x3 this week. After week 1 I weighed myself out of curiosity and I am about 8 lbs heavier than normal! All my clothes fit normal but I did some reading into this too because I'm just trying to maintain weight and tone. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one gaining weight.

Sheryl
  • icandoit63
    icandoit63 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I am happy to read this too...I had gained 5 lbs in the last 3 weeks. I am on transition week of Block 1 and happily this morning I stepped on the scale and I am down 4 lbs. I can even feel a difference in the bloating I have felt the last 3 weeks....keeping it up and really watching my foods in this transition week before 30 day results. I am sure my body has been saying wowow what are you doing to me. LOL I have been a biker gym elliptical and treadmil person the last 2 years I do feel great with this workout
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I finished P90X3 a few weeks ago, and if you are not losing, then you are not in a deficit, barring a medical condition. I lost weight every single week while doing the program. Make sure you are weighing and measuring every single thing and eating back a portion of your exercise calories (unless doing TDEE method). You will retain some water as your glycogen stores replenish at the beginning of a new workout routine, but after 2 months your body should be used to the program and that shouldn't be an issue anymore.
  • icandoit63
    Options
    I finished P90X3 a few weeks ago, and if you are not losing, then you are not in a deficit, barring a medical condition. I lost weight every single week while doing the program. Make sure you are weighing and measuring every single thing and eating back a portion of your exercise calories (unless doing TDEE method). You will retain some water as your glycogen stores replenish at the beginning of a new workout routine, but after 2 months your body should be used to the program and that shouldn't be an issue anymore.
    That is great to know as I am in transition week of block 1....feeling great!
  • wrxsti04
    wrxsti04 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey There! So I am in my last week of P90x3. I've lost 28lbs since beginning . I look and feel much better. (For those wondering I've completely changed my diet. No more eating fast food cooking every meal and cheating one meal a week.)
    Now my question is what are you guys planning on doing after the 90 days
    I was considering doing the Mass building schedule of p90x3 (workout) as I just went through the classic.
    My before pics and after are very good just not as surprising as the ads from beach body.
    In all I highly recommend P90x3
  • crankyangel76
    crankyangel76 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi yall. I am currenlty in my 7th week of P90X3 and loving it. I did have to pause for a week due to the flu, but I am back at it as of this past Wednesday. I am following a paleo type nutritional way of life and have so far lost 7 pounds. Unfortuantely, I have gained two back since I picked back up after the flu. It seems as though I have gained a pound a day and I know this isn't accurate, as I have about 300-500 calorie deficit. I also began jogging and walking 30 minutes a day in order to prep for my first 5K. So, I am thinking I have water weight. My legs seem a bit puffy. I have also lost over 5 inches going into my 7th week. I can tell a difference in my shoulders, thighs, and calves. They seem much stronger and look more toned, with a little definition popping up. :) So far so good. I love the mix up of this program of not only the resistance, but more cardio than the regular P90X. It is also a huge plus that it's only 30 minutes which is much more doable. Sometimes, if for some reason, I fall behind and miss a workout during the week, I try to do two on Sat and/or Sunday. Today was Eccentric Lower and Yoga. I did the P90X program way back when. I only completed the first 60 days and gave up due to time crunch and conflict with my studies. At sixty days in, I had gained about 8 pounds and was discouraged. I felt stronger, tighter, and and in much better shape, but, since time was an issue and I wanted to LOSE, I gave it up. I think I will try again sometime after this P90X3. Please add me as a friend/pal so we can motivate each other on throughout our journey.

Chrystal
  • icandoit63
    Options
    Started block 2 classic yesterday ..oh I can tell I Am going to like this. I really should get back to counting my food on here. I do good with it when I concentrate on it. I Am loving the 30 minutes. Between school and 60 hours of work a week...between 3 job I can say that I find the time. at 430 in the morning or when I have yoga x or pilates x I do it at night after work. Great job!! I feel soo great with this and just Loved triometrics this morning!