bee pollen

manetta1
manetta1 Posts: 138
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
Does anyone take bee pollen? I had it in my smoothie the other day from a smoothie place and mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn felt like heaven. Considering buying it, anyone taking it and their reviews?

Mike

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    The owner and GM of my gym both take it. They don't mix it in anything, just eat a spoonful. To me it smelled like chicken feed. said it helped boost the immune system
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    ...said it helped boost the immune system

Unless you are allergic to bee stings, then stay away from the stuff. I had a friend who tried it in the 80's... blew up like a balloon, he is allergic to bee stings and taking that stuff is just like getting stung... at least for him.

~Sheryl
  • I heard it helps with alergies but if the pollen is not from your area it doesnt help since the bees are pollunating plants that you arent exposed to.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    I know Tosca Reno, author of The Clean Eating Diet, swears by bee pollen among other things and those that follow her plan are encouraged to use it. I myself have never used it though but I'm interested to hear about the benefits others have gotten from taking it.

Sharon
This discussion has been closed.