What is a Good/Accurate (Affordable) Scale???

Options
I have a Taylor 7344 (Lithium) scale right now and I HATE it now. It gives me a different weight almost every time I step on it. Even changes if I put it on a different part of my floor. I test it out by putting a 12lb weight on it and for the most part, it will read 11.4. I need a good affordable scale that is all about accuracy.

Thank you all in advance for any help given.

Replies

• toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I have a Taylor 7344 (Lithium) scale right now and I HATE it now. It gives me a different weight almost every time I step on it. Even changes if I put it on a different part of my floor. I test it out by putting a 12lb weight on it and for the most part, it will read 11.4. I need a good affordable scale that is all about accuracy.

You shouldn't change the location of your scale; you should weigh under consistent circumstances. Many people weigh themselves in the morning after using the toilet. I've had good experiences with the Tanita and Omron brands.
  • Bearded_Slakoth
    Bearded_Slakoth Posts: 121 Member
    Options

You shouldn't change the location of your scale; you should weigh under consistent circumstances. Many people weigh themselves in the morning after using the toilet. I've had good experiences with the Tanita and Omron brands.

I'm just saying that is what it has come down too, having to move it to where it weighs correctly by showing 12lbs when putting my 12lb weight on it. I don't think it's the battery because it's not saying ERROR and all that... Thank you for your response on the brands you use. I will look those up also. Any more good ones out there people? :-D
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I ordered this one off amazon and it'd done pretty well for me:
    http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Bathroom-Capacity-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1396966083&sr=8-2&keywords=eatsmart+precision+digital+bathroom+scale

I actually don't have it anymore because I sprung for a more expensive bodyfat one when I got a job, but I gave it to my mother and she's still using it. I think we've had it for about 4 years between us, maybe a little more.
  • Bearded_Slakoth
    Options
    I ordered this one off amazon and it'd done pretty well for me:
    http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Bathroom-Capacity-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1396966083&sr=8-2&keywords=eatsmart+precision+digital+bathroom+scale

I actually don't have it anymore because I sprung for a more expensive bodyfat one when I got a job, but I gave it to my mother and she's still using it. I think we've had it for about 4 years between us, maybe a little more.

I just found this from searching. AMAZING reviews on Amazon and other "Best Scales" sites. I think I might give this a try. Walmart shows it has it for an easy pick up.
  • jules159
    jules159 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I had that scale. It was very accurate but after having it a year, one of the feet came off of the bottom of it. There are springs inside of them so I had to just throw the scale away. It worked really well before that though.
  • Bearded_Slakoth
    Options
    I had that scale. It was very accurate but after having it a year, one of the feet came off of the bottom of it. There are springs inside of them so I had to just throw the scale away. It worked really well before that though.

Appreciate your response. I think I'm going to try this scale and see how it is. I want to stay away from the Lithium battery ones.