21 day fix-starting tomorrow

Options
Anyone started the 21 day fix tomorrow? I am looking for support!!! I start tomorrow!

Replies

• kellystacy424
    Options
    What is it?
  • saseavoy
    saseavoy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow!!! Good luck!
  • allredal
    allredal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen!
    I just finished my second week of the 21 day fix, one more to go! I've lost 7.2 pounds so far...hoping for 10 total by next Monday! This is my first BeachBody program and I find it very easy to follow! The best advice I can give is DEFINITELY meal plan. If you are able to portion out your containers in advance (I mainly use plastic baggies), it is much easier to keep away from temptation. I love the exercise videos, I found them fairly difficult in the first week and was amazed at my progression in the second week. If you have a Pinterest account, check there for some good meal ideas. I wish you the best of luck!
  • AETDS21DF
    Options
    I am starting 4/8/14! Excited...just closed old MFP account that had bad foods in the diary....starting fresh!
  • sbroadus
    sbroadus Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I started today! I tried out the food portion yesterday but I will start the workouts tonight. If you want a 21 day fix friend add me
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. Feel free to add me. I also did the first workout yesterday and feeling it today!!!
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen!
    I just finished my second week of the 21 day fix, one more to go! I've lost 7.2 pounds so far...hoping for 10 total by next Monday! This is my first BeachBody program and I find it very easy to follow! The best advice I can give is DEFINITELY meal plan. If you are able to portion out your containers in advance (I mainly use plastic baggies), it is much easier to keep away from temptation. I love the exercise videos, I found them fairly difficult in the first week and was amazed at my progression in the second week. If you have a Pinterest account, check there for some good meal ideas. I wish you the best of luck!

This for sure! When I got everything last week, I took some time to read through everything, go through the approved foods list and plan out meals (I have to do for myself and my fiance). I then spent a few hours Sunday prepping: cooking meats and roasting veggies. I typically do this anyways because I work full time and am in grad school so this wasn't anything different. I measured the containers to know which color is what so we can use measuring cups instead to portion our meals. And I color coordinated note cards which are now taped on our cabinets. (Also color coordinate recipe note cards).

I've read a lot of negative flack about this program though I'm not sure why. I spent on this program what my fiance and I would spend on one night out to eat. We don't do the shakes. But it was shocking to me to see how even though I thought I was eating ok and staying within calorie counts, how unbalanced our meals where. We ate no where near enough veggies and fruits and too much starch/carbs. I need an easy program to help me with portion control and balancing meals properly and this was easy to use. I am hoping, though it may sound strange to some, that I can begin to think about foods in colors. Like veggies will be green and I'll know how many greens I need a day. Strange maybe, but I am so incredibly busy, and constantly mentally exhausted with work and school, this is such an easy way to look at it. PLUS, your workouts are already picked out for you. Yes, it's a bit gimmicky but it is so easy to understand. I will say I've had a lot of people who are successful with it say that you have to plan your meals to help not cheat.
  • Bonnieg318
    Bonnieg318 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I will be starting tomorrow! Anyone who wants to be friends add me I think I will need all the support I can get with this starting out!