What do you eat when you're craving chocolate?

Options
I soooo want to go to the store next door to my work and buy some chocolate! I can't fit it into my day today though :(

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I bought 6 bags of the Dove chocolate eggs. I can totally fit one or two in one day when a craving hits (egg, not bag!).
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    When I'm craving chocolate, I eat chocolate. If my calories are tight, I'll have a single square of Green and Black 85%, usually, which is 21 calories, but rich and satisfying enough it soothes the craving.

If you go over by 21 (or even 42) calories, it's not going to make much difference in your life. :smile: Only problem is your neighborhood convenience store may not have the super-dark chocolate.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Tiny chocolate. Dove promises, a frango mint, bite size milky way- those range from 25-80 calories. You can probably find a bit of room for that :)
  • Kelkath72
    Kelkath72 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Dove dark chocolate. i just have one piece and let it slowly melt in my mouth. that usually does it for me :smile:
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I eat dark chocolate and make it fit in. Or I have chocolate whey protein shake after a workout or by adding a little cocoa powder to my smoothie. I have learned not to deprive myself of my dark chocolate bc if I do eventually I will binge.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Love the Dove promises too. We always have a bowl of them in the kitchen. My favorite are the dark chocolate squares. YUM! :smile:
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Blasphemy!! Lol... there is ALWAYS room for chocolate. Honestly, like other poster have said, you can fit a piece or two (or 10) into your day. No need to binge and have 3 snickers bars. Dark chocolate kisses are awesome by the way. In the end, going over your macros a little won't derail your progress. If anything, being flexible will allow a healthy relationship with food, and give you the tools and confidence you need to maintain your goals over the long term.
  • Honeycat89
    Honeycat89 Posts: 149
    Options
    I soooo want to go to the store next door to my work and buy some chocolate! I can't fit it into my day today though :(

I eat chocolate!!! Nothing can substitute it.
  • hitsnooze
    hitsnooze Posts: 79
    Options
    eat it.

but i know what you mean, when i literally can't fit it in then chew gum and chug water. or cup of tea and a *kitten*
  • slk_5555
    slk_5555 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    If I crave chocolate.....I eat chocolate. In fact I have some every day - a lot of careful food diary planning goes into that sometimes:-)
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate! Oh no! Now I'm craving chocolate. But I gotta try to stop at a half serving. Sometimes I go overboard. Can't have it in the house too often because if it's here I'll eat it.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    If I really want it I go for a run. Usually running itself can kill the craving, but if not then I have at least burnt off a good couple of hundred calories to have a decent amount of chocolate to sort the craving.

Although something I have also had recently are Shape chocolate desserts. Kind of a chocolatey pudding in a pot (I'm in UK). They are around 100 calories and I have one of them over sugar free orange jelly and it seems to really hit the spot when I want somethng sweet.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Coffee, for some reason :laugh:
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Easy, I have some chocolate. Or Chocolate Jello pudding, because there's always room for Jello.

Eigger
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. I keep one of these bad boys by the bed.

5369.jpg
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    any kind of my favorite chocolate >reeses hersheys < >chocolate covered fruits
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    What's your favourite chocolate bar? How many calories does it have?

What's your favourite exercise? How long would you have to work out to burn it off?

If you like the result, the answer is to eat chocolate.

If you don't, make a low-calorie instant hot chocolate. :flowerforyou:
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate. Hershey kisses or Mini 3 musketeers.
  • agidavis
    agidavis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Try BOLTHOUSE CHOCOLATE protein plus drink. It kicks my chocolate cravings every time....Its in the fridge/juice section with any major retailers.