• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    No need to fear, MFP is here!

Good Luck!
  • mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Just as an "aside"....your daily goal seems a little low. I'm a 5'4" female with about 25lbs to lose and that's basically MY goal a day. May want to check your numbers. Just saying. :happy:
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Well played sir! WELL PLAYED! Kudos to you, and many favorable returns. This post will also serve to inspire others that aren't quite comfortable with who they are and YOU are a part of that! Best of luck on your journey!
  • BuckTheBMI
    BuckTheBMI Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Just as an "aside"....your daily goal seems a little low. I'm a 5'4" female with about 25lbs to lose and that's basically MY goal a day. May want to check your numbers. Just saying. :happy:

These were the defaults that MFP gave me with my goal of '2 pounds per week' and sedentary lifestyle. I have read in a starter post though that I may want to investigate this further and see what my true intake should be. Thanks for reminding me!
  • Branstin
    Options
    Sedentary is for people who don't exercise.
  • Keep_The_Laughter
    Keep_The_Laughter Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Love the honesty of the photos and the attitude you are rocking! Stay true to yourself, it's all about you.
  • BuckTheBMI
    Options
    I took pics yesterday too. But I'm not brave enough to share with the world! LOL Bravo to you! Welcome to the journey. I'm just 3 weeks in. It really is life changing and I can't wait to see what the future has in store!

Sometimes it is easier to post the before pictures after you have some kick *kitten* after or progress pictures. Some people, like my wife, would never ever feel comfortable posting ANY pictures for others to see. The main think Kay is that you are doing this for you... and only you NEED to see those pictures. I'm no more brave than you... we both started this difficult journey and that takes courage... I just don't embarrass easily (my doctor hates me!)
  • BuckTheBMI
    Options

Currently I don't; which is why I picked that option. If that changes (which I hope it does) for any length of time I will update the tool.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you'll do just fine! :happy:

These were the defaults that MFP gave me with my goal of '2 pounds per week' and sedentary lifestyle. I have read in a starter post though that I may want to investigate this further and see what my true intake should be. Thanks for reminding me!
    I started with a similar goal and after a week or so I was getting dizzy and weak and stuff. I was able to lose on a lot more calories. You'll definitely do yourself a favor by finding the highest amount of calories that lets you continue to lose. (Plus I assume you want to keep as much of your muscle as possible.)
  • karentalty
    karentalty Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You are extremely brave for doing what you did! I think public shaming could help me too but considering how uncomfortable I feel being naked around my boyfriend then I don't think I'm readg for the internet to see me!

Well done you x
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step! Great job documenting your starting point! You got this!
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I love your sense of humor.

Now. Be NICE to yourself and hang in there.

I don't believe in "shaming" because.. well. it only works when you're making fun of yourself, but has the opposite effect
    if you're on the receiving end.

:flowerforyou:
  • Branstin
    Options

Currently I don't; which is why I picked that option. If that changes (which I hope it does) for any length of time I will update the tool.

Unless you are restricted to a bed or wheel chair then your setting should be at least "Lightly Active". This article will explain it much better.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • BuckTheBMI
    Options
    Sounds like you'll do just fine! :happy:

I started with a similar goal and after a week or so I was getting dizzy and weak and stuff. I was able to lose on a lot more calories. You'll definitely do yourself a favor by finding the highest amount of calories that lets you continue to lose. (Plus I assume you want to keep as much of your muscle as possible.)

I will definitely look into this further. I actually want to try to ADD muscle as I drop the fat... not sure if that is going to happen though. It also means I need to be less focused on the scale and more focused on how clothes fit, etc.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    th?id=HN.608054029323734636&pid=15.1
  • BuckTheBMI
    Options

Unless you are restricted to a bed or wheel chair then your setting should be at least "Lightly Active". This article will explain it much better.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

I don't necessarily disagree with you but if that is the case then they should call that option bedridden or housebound. The description as it stands is "Sedentary: Spend most of the day sitting (e.g. bank teller, desk job)" and I do, in fact, currently spend most of the day sitting.

Thanks for the link though, I will peruse it and adjust accordingly!
  • jlubbe68
    jlubbe68 Posts: 5
    Options
    You are right that is a great motivator. I should do the same.....but I am a big chicken! I might get brave soon.......Thanks for sharing!
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Love your sense of humor! You've got this!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on this adventure ....... it's all good :drinker:
  • mpjmmp
    mpjmmp Posts: 12
    Options
    3 lil birds, great post and love the poses. You quickly became quite popular - either because of your writing style or you have more brass than most of us to post before pics (yes - you will notice I haven't even put up a profile pic yet). I'm new at this as well (only 2 weeks in) and also have a little less than 60 to go. Good luck to you, and I look forward to reading about your progress! By the way - is that a pineapple on your back?