Official Proclamation! All read!

Options
As the unofficial leader of the community boards I have a proclamation to make... WORRYING ABOUT CHRISTMAS FOOD IS NOT ALLOWED! I am not telling anyone to go crazy, but everyone gets from Christmas Eve till 8am Sunday morning off from worrying about food. You have all worked so hard this year. I have seen amazing success from you. You deserve a day with not worrying. If you gain a pain back, oh well. Work out Sunday and kick that weight gain to the curb! Each of you are so beautiful and so wonderful. I am so blessed to have such gorgeous and sweet friends. Lets have a fun holiday and show what warriors we are on Demember 26th!
I love you all. Hugs and smoochieees!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
Blessings,
Ed

Replies

• elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Interesting that someone would have the audacity to make a statement like this in a group where many of the members are working to take control of their own lives.... seems a bit creepy to me.
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Interesting that someone would have the audacity to make a statement like this in a group where many of the members are working to take control of their own lives.... seems a bit creepy to me.

That wasnt my intent. I just hate to see all my friends stressing over a couple of meals. Note that i said don't go crazy, but have fun!
  • mynameisdumbnuts
    Options
    I don't think it's creepy, and I appreciate KnightofGod's sentiment.
  • Interesting that someone would have the audacity to make a statement like this in a group where many of the members are working to take control of their own lives.... seems a bit creepy to me.

wow, I don't see why some people have to be so negative. Turns a great post by him sour pretty quickly when people respond like this.

@KnightofGod -- Great post, I am going to watch what I am eaiting on Christmas but i'm not going to be crazy about it though, it's a good time with family and friends :)
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    KnightofGod, thank you for such a well said statement. Lifestyle change is about being healthy and able to enjoy life, stress certainly doesn't make anyone any more healthy! And congrats on all your success!!
    How is that creepy?
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I think his legs are creepy. scared.gif
  • I think his legs are creepy. scared.gif

I'm with ya there haha
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    LOL, I already plan on eating whatever the heck I want on Christmas. I doubt I will gain a pound. I don't plan on eating 3500 extra calories, but I will eat cookies, drink my eggnog, have my cake and pie and be happy and not worry about it!

Thankfully Christmas is on my cheat-meat day anyway!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options

You know my legs are sexy! but it prob is time I change my pic for a bit!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will do whatever you say. LOL.
    As for the negativity maybe eat a little something so you're not so cranky.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will do whatever you say. LOL.
    As for the negativity maybe eat a little something so you're not so cranky.

:laugh:
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Oh and I stayed under my calories for Thanksgiving, but Christmas is different for me!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, Ed! I'm taking a mini break this week myself. I'm being reasonable about what I eat, but I am mentally exhausted from logging food and keeping track of calories in and calories out. So I'm not tracking anything until Monday again. ..and I feel really good and relieved about this decision. I figure if I remain reasonable I might gain a tiny amount back and have to work it off, but for the break that I can relax and stop stressing, it is so, so, so worth it.

I hope you and your kids have a Merry Christmas! :)
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Child molesters are Creepy... Im really disgusted by the use of this word becoming so prevalent in everyday language.

Knight of God is spot on. worrying can cause more weight gain then if you just did what you wanted.
  • christabeltoria
    christabeltoria Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, KoG. Christmas Day is a day off! Think of all the hard work that people will have gone to to prepare a nice meal. Honour them by savouring it. Portion control is still key, but if you go over, you go over.

Way back in the 1500's an English writer named Thomas Tusser wrote--at Christmas play and make good cheer, for Christmas comes but once a year! I think he is right. Give yourself the gift of one day stress-free. Of course, you are also free to dance and go for long walks in the snow or sand or whatever you have where you are on that day. You're still allowed to burn calories.

Merry Christmas, everyone.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Amen!! I feel like I need to print this proclamation and post it at work (we have a couple of people saying they want to watch what they're eating and I'm like, MEH!)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

You know my legs are sexy! but it prob is time I change my pic for a bit!
    Just giving ya crap. whistle.gif
  • So_Um_Yeah
    So_Um_Yeah Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love this! I really believe that if we can accept that things will happen, its a lot easer to be honest with one another. :flowerforyou:
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    thanks and i already said those day were black out day i'm still going to log but I can't be responsible for my end of day calorie count lol thanks and it's not creepy at all!
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I think we are all a little nuts... that being said, I Absolutely LOVE positiveness (is that a word)... thank you KnightofGod... we ARE all Beautiful and most of us work very hard every day/week/month to be healthier, happier people... Christmas is a Special occasion, if you "Want" to indulge a little or a lot.. go ahead, if you want to stay strong... more power to you, Me? I am going to enjoy every Blessed moment with my wonderful family and start working out again on Monday. Wishing all my MFP Family a Very Merry Christmas!!! MUAH!!