What do you eat when you're craving chocolate?

Options

Replies

• ltollagson
    Options
    Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters
  • Munn0025
    Munn0025 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I always get Dark Chocolate.. over 65% cacao... its much healthier for u! And its so gooooood,,, my favorite is from whole foods 365 brand dark chocolate baking chunks 67% cacao... good luck!! also.. if u really want the extra calories.. let it motivate u to work out, so u gain the extra calories!
  • marshmallow8978
    marshmallow8978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hot chocolate
    Dark Choc chips
    Kisses

If I want chocolate, that's what I want. I just find a way-
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Emerald cocoa roast almonds. Or chocolate, but I actually like those almonds so much more. 4g of sugar, too!

omg- I can't just eat a handful or serving- I'll eat the whole container- these things are like fricking crack cocaine.

I usually have ice cream at the end of the day- or thin mints -or whatever.

It depends on what and when it is- I mostly can make everything fit into my day- but I log all my food in and then work around it- or take something out that I WAS going to eat and eat the chocolate instead.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Lindt dark chocolate sea salt flavor. I have a square or 2 most days, i think they are around 50 calories a square. If i want more, i have more.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    You're a 20 year old woman lifting and netting 1000-1200 calories a day? :( I think you can afford some chocolate, even on a rest day.

And there it is
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I like to buy this stuff called SimplyLite. I eat the dark chocolate, but I think they make milk & almond, too. It tastes good, and its low calorie for a serving. I'm too scared to binge on it, because the package more or less states: over consumption of this product will make you *kitten* your pants. Which is great, because I need that fear otherwise I'll eat 3 bars at a time.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I keep a bar of dark chocolate in my freezer and eat one square. I also keep Weight Watchers dark chocolate and raspberry popsicles in my freezer, only 90 calories and really good.

I guess it depends on where you are calorie-wise in your day. A couple calories over isn't the end of the world ...
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I am not a huge chocolate cravings person and have had the same hershey chocolate bar in my freezer for a year - I guess I should probably toss it since I really have no desire for it and it's probably gross by now... but when the rare occasion does hit, I have 2 standby options.

If I have very few (or no) calories left, I go for a chocolate chip cookie (I don't really prefer chocolate bars, but baked goods? yes please!). I keep some chocolate chip cookies in my freezer at all times for these moments. They each have 60 calories. If I feel "guilty" about going over my calories, I do a little exercise to counter it (some gentle yoga or a walk around the neighborhood - nothing vigorous as I don't want it to seem like "punishment").

If I have a larger amount of calories available, I will have a small bowl of vanilla icecream with a cut up banana and a bit of hershey's chocolate sauce... and if I'm feeling really CRAZY (ha!), I add some chopped nuts.

These treats really seem to do the trick for me.
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    If I want it-- I eat it!! Yummm... chocolate!!
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate Dove. I allow myself a bit each day... unless of course, I have been piggish in other ways. :blushing:
  • freckledjezebel
    freckledjezebel Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I keep a bar of Ghirardelli 70% dark chocolate in the kitchen and have a square or two when a craving hits. Two squares is only 100 calories and honestly, I'm usually satisfied with nibbling on one and making it last.

Then again, I don't usually crave chocolate or sweets very often so this method works for me. Salty foods are my weakness, I don't even keep chips in the house cause I have NO control.
  • PinUp2014
    PinUp2014 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Blasphemy!! Lol... there is ALWAYS room for chocolate. Honestly, like other poster have said, you can fit a piece or two (or 10) into your day. No need to binge and have 3 snickers bars. Dark chocolate kisses are awesome by the way. In the end, going over your macros a little won't derail your progress. If anything, being flexible will allow a healthy relationship with food, and give you the tools and confidence you need to maintain your goals over the long term.

:heart:
    Finally, someone that understands.

Yes, there is no substitute for chocolate. I've learned that when I crave something, the longer I deny myself the more I want it and I binge.

Have a piece or two of Dove then go for a walk.
  • Jenjenthejetplane1
    Jenjenthejetplane1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    looks to me like youve got 940cals left for the day.
    can you shift anything to make it fit?

how did you determine 1270cals/day was right for you?

No idea...lol
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I eat it.

Right now it is Lindt dark chocolate squares with sea salt. One piece 55 calories. I make sure I save enough calories for the day so I can have a piece of chocolate every day. I have been doing this for almost 2 years now and it is something I look forward to every day.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I just eat chocolate...

Now I want chocolate! And op it's your fault! No wait... I always want chocolate...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

FWIW, 50-70 calories for a piece of dark chocolate is not going to derail progress at all

fify :flowerforyou:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I used to be on a big kick of eating semisweet chocolate chips, single ones...like 5-8 of them. It usually worked, and if I had the calories I'd sometimes add a couple of single nuts or even a tsp of marshmallow crème to make it more candy-ish.

Lately my husband and I have been getting Ghirardelli dark chocolate bars from Target and enjoying one square each day. At 57-63 calories per square we can usually always fit that in easily. We'll get the super dark cacao or something fun like cabernet, hazelnut, sea salt, etc.

I find that I can pace myself better with dark or semisweet than milk chocolate.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I usually have Skinny Cow chocolates - it's, I think, 120 calories for an entire bar and they're really good. Kills a craving in no time.

^^ Love these when I'm short on calories!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Chocolate flavoured tea or a square of dark chocolate. In the grand scheme of things, a small amount isn't going to hurt.

This!^

Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice tea.....yummy with milk & a bit of sugar

Ghiradelli squares....individually wrapped

Weight Watchers chocolate mousse bar.....60 calories