Anyone use a Fitbit?

Options
I've been thinking about getting a Fitbit. I've been researching the Fitbit Zip, and I was wondering if people liked them and found them to be helpful.

Replies

• Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    what are you planning on using it for? just to count your steps? I have one like the fit bit. I have the polar loop. I run a lot and don't really find it useful. I use my polar FT7 religiously. it's more useful for my work outs. so I guess it depends on what you are using it for. by the end of the year I'm hoping to ditch them both for a garmin HRM and GPS.
  • mlcraggs
    mlcraggs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit Force and loved it. Unfortunately, the screen died on me, and since they're no longer selling or replacing them, I sent it back and got a One. They're both great.

They're currently offering the Flex, One, and Zip.

I prefer the One (which clips on your belt, pants, bra, etc) over the Flex (the wrist band) because the One will display your current step total, and the Flex will not (just had some LED lights that light up based on your progress). Also, I believe the Flex does not do floors climbed.

The differences between the One and the Zip is, I believe, the floors climbed.

It definitely keeps you accountable if you're the type of person who likes data. For example, I want to hit 100,000 steps in a week, so today I'm getting in an extra walk for the dog in, and an extra run in order to hit the goal. I have also added a few people from the Fitbit community to compete against, and tracking my progress against their progress gets me exercising at times that I don't particularly feel like exercising.

I have not used a non-Fitbit pedometer, so I can't speak to the competition, but I love the Fitbits.
  • musicnerd90
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! i want to use the Fitbit for jogging/running, but also to keep myself more accountable for walking and moving in general.
  • Juliagemz
    Juliagemz Posts: 13
    Options
    I am going to start. I have an older version, it's called ULTRA but should still be ok. I wonder if I can sync data with MFP account, that would be great. What I found weird is that FitBit didn't give me the goal of how many steps, stairs, etc to do during the day to lose particular amount of weight with my metrics. It's weird coz it allows me to set it up but how do I know???
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex and I use it every day, I love it!
  • clrgarcia
    Options
    I've been using a Fitbit One for about a year. It's helped me lose 62 lbs!
  • kstand0053
    kstand0053 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit! It syncs with myfitnesspal!!!! I have the fitbit flex! It even tracks your sleep!! If you enter in your weight and body fat percentage it will graph it, and tell you how much of your body is fat vs lean muscle!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit One...love it. Tracks steps, calories burned and sleep.
  • frizztato
    frizztato Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the One and love it. My husband has a Flex, and his only complaint is that if he holds on to anything (like the grocery cart) it won't track his steps. I've noticed that's the same with any wrist tracker. I like my One because I can clip it to my bra and forget about it.
  • corderdeb
    corderdeb Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have the ZIP and love it. I clipped it to my bra and totally forget it is there. Get one!
  • captmiddy
    captmiddy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I owned a Zip, decided I liked it but wanted more features and bought a One which I use every single day. It does floors, sleep and has the ability to do timers which I find handy. The zip I don't think has a timer and it can't do floors or sleep. If these would be interesting to you then it is definitely worth the extra $40 for the features to get it all to start with rather than spending $60 now to find out you want more later.

There is actually another active topic for today about someone else asking about a fitbit and MFP. And to the person wondering yes you can sync an Ultra to MFP since it really is the FitBit site that does the syncing not your device.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I love my FitBit!. They keep you moving. It is not a HRM but it is a great tool and measures pretty accurately most exercises. I like the compete with friends feature.
  • Elizabeth_Darcy
    Elizabeth_Darcy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have a Flex and I love it. It helps me to have a visual reminder to get away from my desk and walk around during the day. Plus the LED lights do a little dance when you reach your daily goal (hey, it's the little things in life...)
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One and I really like it!!! I hate/ feel naked when I don't have it with me.
  • YukiValentine
    YukiValentine Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex! I love it! but when it breaks down on me, I might switch to the one because it can count stairs.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! i want to use the Fitbit for jogging/running, but also to keep myself more accountable for walking and moving in general.

^^For this it is fantastic. I love mine. It totally motivates me to move more and that is really all I want it for. I am not really interested in calories burned. I keep pushing myself to get "just a few more steps and staircases climbed", and I am more than satisfied with its performance with miles/steps taken each day.

BTW Fitbit's customer service is phenomenal!
  • EmilyWest1919
    EmilyWest1919 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I JUST got the Fitbit Force rash, but I LOVED mine. Kept me accountable, kept me moving. An awesome little gadget that generated gobs of date. I vote get one!
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One...love it... no problems...:happy:
  • _cdaley
    _cdaley Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend just bought me the flex and I love it! I've had it for 3 days now and it definitely has helped motivate me to walk more. I prefer walking outside to doing cardio in the gym, so it is great for me. It doesn't really track anything other than waking/running, though, but you can enter in alternate exercises and it will give you an approximate calorie burn.

It also comes equipped with a silent, vibrating alarm that you can set to wake you up in the morning. Is it bad that for $99 this is probably my favorite feature? ;)