I am still hungry what can i eat

Options
I am on 1450 calories and I am still hungry alot....I am trying to eat pretty healthy and get in proteins etc but I find that many times I am still really hungry.... What can i eat

Replies

• khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    See if you can find something you enjoy that's filling but doesn't have a lot of calories- I have a popcorn popper and also stocked up on lots of fruit and 100 calorie packs of popcorn. Of course, you've got to have only ONE 100 calorie pack (my issue!), but it lets you have something you enjoy...
  • shaggy22
    Options
    Sometimes I have brocolli as a snack. Sound kind of boring, but it is surprisingly satisfying.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Try to eat an apple. A medium sized apple runs about 70 calories and is fairly filling.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Anything high in fiber will fill you up. Popcorn is good and surprisingly has a decent amount of fiber. Lentils are also really good because they're fiber + protein and low calories.

You can make your own homemade microwave popcorn with kernels and paper lunch bags (which avoids all the added sodium and preservatives that store-bought microwave popcorn has)

http://nutritiondiva.quickanddirtytips.com/microwave-popcorn-recipe.aspx (I've calculated this to be 140cal/serving if you eat 1/4 the recipe)
  • jconner491
    Options
    I make green smoothies out of spinach, banana, strawberries, and blueberries. Sometimes kale goes in too. You can't taste the spinach, its chock full of nutrition, it keeps me satisfied, and its super low in calories so that I have room to eat the food I want to eat. You should give it a try--there's tons of recipes out there...its a great way to get your veggies in and stay full at the same time!
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Lentils are AMAZING! A great way to kill the hunger!
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    well...today i was prepared cuz i haven't been hungry...but munchie. I prepared some hummus and i eat that with broccoli and celery. or maybe maybe some yogurt or granola bar? hope that helps ya. :flowerforyou:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal keeps me going, or some raw carrots, an apple, a pear, yogurt, popcorn, boiled egg... all sorts of stuff to snack on for 150 cals or less. If you open your food diary people can get an idea of what you do eat, and make suggestions on what to add to keep the hungries away.
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    carrots.

pretty much any raw veggy
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Jello, or jello pudding are my favorites. Sugar & Fat free, of course :)
  • Procrastinator
    Options
    Sometimes the body mistakes hunger for thirst so try drinking water when you feel 'hungry'. You seem to be eating right so this may be why but if you're still hungry then eat a fruit or anything high in fibre.
  • Shannon7713
    Shannon7713 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Lentils are AMAZING! A great way to kill the hunger!

May I ask how you prepare them? I like lentils too but always looking for a different recipe.....