A little public shaming is in order!

Options
124»

Replies

• veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Sedentary is for people who don't exercise.

Currently I don't; which is why I picked that option. If that changes (which I hope it does) for any length of time I will update the tool.

I see someone already addressed this, but wanted to point it out again, so you don't get started down the wrong path. On MFP, your activity level does NOT include exercise. You add exercise separately. So, activity level is for a day in your life without exercise. Whether that day is truly sedentary or not is another matter.
  • Tuesday4422
    Tuesday4422 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I look foward to seeing your transformation!!! :)
  • jezabelly
    Options
    loved the description of yourself! so darn funny! :-)

It's my first time logging in here. I do believe I'll take some pix...that is if I can muster up the courage. TY!
  • Skylark74
    Skylark74 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I find that fear is a great motivator! As such, since this is the first day of my lifestyle modification journey, I thought I would go ahead and upload my before pictures to my profile and post about them here. Things I have learned about myself through this photo essay:

1. My body type is now that of the Goblin King from The Hobbit.
    2. I am apparently smuggling a large bratwurst on the back of my neck/head.
    3. My head is now almost half the size of my torso!
    4. I have a larger cup size than two of my daughters.
    5. Things could be a lot worse!

Feel free to swing by and take a look! I've got pretty thick skin (obviously look at mah belly!) so leave a funny comment here if you want. I can use a good laugh today!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/photos/view/62689679

Your sense of humor is awesome! You must be my friend. No really, you must, now.

^^This :flowerforyou:
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Love your attitude....you can do it!
  • SnarkyAmy76
    Options
    Haha I love it! A sense of humor is an awesome thing :) I just started my weight loss/get in shape journey a few days ago. I took current pics of myself to post for a reality check and nope didnt do it lol. I chickened out! So props to you! I'm sure you'll reach your goal :)
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    A Journey of a thousand miles begins with just one step. If all your steps are add big as this first one you are going to do incredibly well :-)
    On a side note, I recommend some exercise. Cardio is fine if you like to eat more, but lifting weights will help preserve muscle as you burn your fat :-)
  • BuckTheBMI
    BuckTheBMI Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your words of encouragement! I am always, and still, looking for new friends so add me if you want to... my current friends can tell you how supportive I can be!
  • PearlGrey
    PearlGrey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your pics. I am sure this is the last time I will see you looking like this. Good luck in achieving your goals, your girls will be SO proud of you when you achieve them. GO FOR IT!
  • suzi_quzi
    suzi_quzi Posts: 35
    Options
    Well I fully support your public shaming! Everyone likes a different breed of encouragement and I can relate to being hard on yourself. Starting usually involves a real wake up call and you can't have that if you're not honest with yourself.

Now comes the next step. Doing the work. And you're gonna do that so you DON'T have these things to say about yourself any more.

Also I can very much relate to looking like a goblin, I got the ears for it. And I look like I'm smuggling a large bratwurst too, but in my pants.

Good luck to you my man! I predict great things from you.
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your before pictures! You are truly fabulous and no you do not look as bad as you describe yourself but I got a good laugh at your description ;) Sending a friend request always looking for new friends to support can't wait to see your transformation :laugh:
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I think if anyone has a chance at this, it is you! And I agree with the others, you are, indeed, a friend to have! Good luck!
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I took pics yesterday too. But I'm not brave enough to share with the world! LOL Bravo to you! Welcome to the journey. I'm just 3 weeks in. It really is life changing and I can't wait to see what the future has in store!

Sometimes it is easier to post the before pictures after you have some kick *kitten* after or progress pictures. Some people, like my wife, would never ever feel comfortable posting ANY pictures for others to see. The main think Kay is that you are doing this for you... and only you NEED to see those pictures. I'm no more brave than you... we both started this difficult journey and that takes courage... I just don't embarrass easily (my doctor hates me!)

Looking forward to hearing your success story!
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Ha! Love your sense of humor. I used to be able to squeeze my belly fat around my belly button and I'd call it a mini bagel, now I've got the most epic New York bagel that could feed a family of four on their cheat day.
  • BuckTheBMI
    BuckTheBMI Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ha! Love your sense of humor. I used to be able to squeeze my belly fat around my belly button and I'd call it a mini bagel, now I've got the most epic New York bagel that could feed a family of four on their cheat day.

I used to shove my belly together and the big crease it made I would call it my 'belly butt'... now with my recent appendectomy I don't have to squeeze the sides anymore LOL
  • Becre8tive
    Becre8tive Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I find that fear is a great motivator! As such, since this is the first day of my lifestyle modification journey, I thought I would go ahead and upload my before pictures to my profile and post about them here. Things I have learned about myself through this photo essay:

1. My body type is now that of the Goblin King from The Hobbit.
    2. I am apparently smuggling a large bratwurst on the back of my neck/head.
    3. My head is now almost half the size of my torso!
    4. I have a larger cup size than two of my daughters.
    5. Things could be a lot worse!

Feel free to swing by and take a look! I've got pretty thick skin (obviously look at mah belly!) so leave a funny comment here if you want. I can use a good laugh today!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/photos/view/62689679
    LOL well I could post similar pictures...especially topless...but I assume it would be against regulations.

I am going to lose over 60 pounds....I started yesterday. Feel free to add me as a friend..but be warned I have a wicked sense of humor!