Garcinia cambogia

13»

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    What are the best supplements to rev up my metabolism ?

Uhm, not possible.

Agreed. The only thing that will "rev your metabolism" is gaining more muscle. Of course, gaining muscle is harder work than popping a pill, so most people don't like the realistic answer.
  • cattherien
    cattherien Posts: 17 Member
    I don't usually participate in the message boards, but I am doing research on Garcinia Cambogia. I'm also taking it myself, to see if I have any resulting change in my muscle to fat ratio at the end of 3 months.

I'm 5'8", 160 lbs, 48 years old. I'm 20 lbs shy of my goal.
    I exercise regularly and I use my MFP food diary and I'm honest about what I eat. I try to stay under my calories each day. An average day with exercise is about 1500 calories, plus or minus. I eat mostly low-carb and keep sugars/ starches mostly under control. I allow myself occasional cheat days and allow occasional desserts. You're welcome to view my diary, I keep it public as a method of personal accountability.

I'm taking the Phytogenics Laboratories Garcinia Cambogia from Walmart. Recommended dosage on the bottle is 4,668mg per day (4 caps, 3x daily). From what I've been reading, 1500-3000 mg is the recommended dosage. So I am taking half the dosage stated on the bottle (2 caps, 3x daily, for 2,334mg). I take them first thing in the morning, an hour before breakfast, then 1 hour before lunch and dinner.

I weigh and measure once a week. I am taking the Garcinia Cambogia to see if the claims of changing the muscle to fat ratio are true. If it works for me, then great. If it doesn't, then I haven't lost anything by the experiment. I'm not looking for quick fixes. I know that it took me years to get to this place and it will take me years to get out of it. But I am close to the goal, and if taking a supplement can help that along, all the better. It's the reason I take vitamins.
  • maryanog
    maryanog Posts: 3
    Worked for me, about 9.8kg lost with zumba and lower calorie intake, great appetite suppressant. I do believe it works. Good luck
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Worked for me, about 9.8kg lost with zumba and lower calorie intake, great appetite suppressant. I do believe it works. Good luck

You lost the weight because you had a calorie deficit. It is possible to create a calorie deficit and lose weight without feeling like you are hungry, thereby not needing an appetite suppressant.
  • Deanna_garnermommy
    Deanna_garnermommy Posts: 118 Member
    Do you know this person above? I too struggle with being starving every day of my life. Some of us need a little help to keep it under control. This message board is such a joke when people are so nasty for no reason.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    What are the best supplements to rev up my metabolism ?

There are none. Metabolism is the energy your body expends to keep organs functional. It doesn't get "revved".
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Do you know this person above? I too struggle with being starving every day of my life. Some of us need a little help to keep it under control. This message board is such a joke when people are so nasty for no reason.

Please point out the "nasty" posts, if you would. I've read the whole thing, and am really interested in seeing these invisible nasty posts. :laugh:

disagreement =/= nasty
  • cattherien
    It is possible to create a calorie deficit and lose weight without feeling like you are hungry, thereby not needing an appetite suppressant.

That's true, it is. Increasing the protein/fiber/fat and decreasing carbs/sugars.

However, if the appetite suppressant helps and according to the current research available isn't harmful to take within recommended dosages, who's it hurting?

Perhaps the person taking it struggles with having enough of a time gap between seeing or smelling a desirable food and deciding to go off their food plan to eat it. If the only benefit that the appetite suppressant gives is a little bit of time to make a decision, then it's been a success in that person's book.

Ultimately we don't have enough large-body, double-blind, independent research on GC. I feel a rush to judgement one way or another is more harmful than encouraging people in their attempts to do whatever they need to do to have even minor victories over their body issues.
  • I really think this supplement if a pure scam, i have read a review of it in the site http://www.dr-omar.com/, some people are claiming that they have lost 5 lbs in a week! Is it a joke?!
  • cattherien
    I really think this supplement if a pure scam, i have read a review of it in the site http://www.dr-omar.com/, some people are claiming that they have lost 5 lbs in a week! Is it a joke?!

It might not be a joke that people lost 5 pounds. What we aren't told is, where are they at with their diet -- are they restricting their diet and by how much? Are they doing low-carb? Did they increase their water intake and therefore lose water weight? Are they at the beginning of their weight loss journey or nearing the end? Are they exercising, and if so, did they increase their exercise during the time they were taking it? Just too many variables to really know what the cause of the weight loss truly was.