UNPRETTY

randyv99
randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
About to head to bed but wanted to share something real quick.

Tonight's thought comes by way of my fiancee who was telling me that she wanted to buy some concealer. I really think she is just the best thing since sliced bread and doesn't need anything changed about her or her face and TLC's Unpretty popped into my head to explain it to her. Specifically these lyrics:

You can buy your hair if it won't grow
You can fix your nose if he says so
You can buy all the make-up
that M.AC. can make
But if you can't look inside you
Find out who am I to
Be in a position to make me feel
So damn unpretty
I'll make you feel unpretty to
http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/unpretty-lyrics-tlc/26b636d0a2bbcedb4825689a0030a9f2

And I thought, "I've got to share this insight with my MFP friends." We can do everything to outwardly change our impression of ourselves, eat right, workout, lose a million pounds and get really fit but until we can look inside ourselves and find out who we are, and what we really want from ourselves, we'll continue to put ourselves in a position to feel unpretty.

I know I'm constantly criticizing myself. Hating when I eat badly, not appreciating when I eat well, feeling down when I miss workout, and feeling like I should have done more when I do.

So while you head out on this journey to mold your body into the you that you want to be. Take some time to get into your mind, to look inside you and mold your thoughts to accept you for whatever you have been, are, and will become.

Have a great night.

Replies

• messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    I love this! Thanks so much for sharing it - all true words of wisdom there!
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Thank you for this! Reminder to not just change the outside, but how we think on the inside as well.
  • rozsbluejay
    rozsbluejay Posts: 303 Member
    Wow....
  • priskar
    priskar Posts: 156
    Oh wise one, it's so very true! The inner work is often more difficult than the outer beautification process. For me, I'm working on it and, with the aid of a little counseling here and there, I'm making leaps and bounds but it's difficult. Thanks for the reminder that pretty on the outside isn't anything without the insides to go with it.

That said, let that girlfriend get some concealer and some dazzling shadows and lip color as well. She'll squeal with delight and you'll benefit from it too, I'll bet! :P

Priska, esthetician, make-up artist and certified make-up *kitten*.
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    So true...I've had some co-workers who lost major weight...they weren't always pleasant people to be around...after their weight loss, they still weren't/aren't pleasant people to be around. Dr. Phil had a good book about working on the inside and how it can help.
  • TashaKittie
    TashaKittie Posts: 34 Member
    Thanks so much for this Randy. Just when I need it too.
    You are a pretty amazing person and your wife to be is one lucky girl to have you!
    Have a great week hun!

Natasha
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Awesome post, Randy!
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Wonderful post....thank you so much!
  • So beautiful...thanks for the post!
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    You are like her Bruno Mars! Ugh, Every woman dreams to hear that :
    "when i see your face. There's not a thing that I would change, 'cause you're amazing just the way you are"

Or we all have from our significant others, but not in a long time!
  • Well said Sir!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,304 Member
    So true. :flowerforyou:
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Well said :bigsmile:
  • wow.. i wish all males had insight like u Randy.. =D
This discussion has been closed.