CHOCOLATE!!!!!

Options

Replies

• carolinatx
    carolinatx Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This is kind of long so I apologize, but I had posted this awhile back and thought I would share:
    Yesterday I had 1/2 of a dark chocolate w/ caramel and coconut bar from TJ's. After I finished, it was disheartening that the treat consisting of (Calories: 220, carbs: 24g (11sugar/2g fiber), fat: 13 protein: 2) really gave me little satisfaction. Later that night, I needed some more calories and was trying to keep my macros balanced so I created a new treat that I LOVE

I took 2 full sheets of graham crackers (4 squares), mixed up some P2B (new peanut butter I bought) and melted 1T of organic semi dark chocolate chips – spread the P2B on 2 squares and the melted chocolate on the other 2 squares, squished them together and had a VERY yummy chocolaty treat that was much better for me – comparison:
    Homemade ~ Calories: 215, carbs: 37g (9g sugar/4g fiber), fat: 6, protein: 7g

Storebought (1/2 of a candy bar) ~ Calories: 220, carbs: 24g (11sugar/2g fiber), fat: 13 protein: 2

This is a way to satisfy the craving for chocolate and not be that 'bad'. And if you don't like peanut butter, you could just leave it off. But I agree with what others have said, you can figure a way to fit what you're craving into your day. Good luck!
  • zivasak
    zivasak Posts: 88
    Options
    99% Cocoa Lindt Excellence

100% cocoa powder (no sugar)

now you have the top ingredients for a chocolate mousse:
    - 1oz plain yogurt
    - 1tbsp of cocoa powder
    -1/4 tsp cinnamon
    -5 almonds

mix

sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top with chunks of 99% Lindt (1-2 squares are plenty)

This is the true taste of chocolate! There will be no going back to Cadbury's after that! :)

Thanks carolinatx! Forgot to put the nutritional value
    140 calories
    4g carbs
    7g fat
    4 g protein
  • hp1988
    hp1988 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have Exante double choc bars, they're like half-baked brownies! (I think so anyway, some people hate them). I think they're on 2 for 1 at the moment. So filling too, so I never have more than one! They're 209 calories each and have lots of protein in :)
  • Zoemoller
    Zoemoller Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    play with cocoa powder! mix it with some stevia or honey, put it on fruit. or mix it in with plain nonfat greek yogurt, nonfat cottage cheese. mash it with a banana. get a good whey protein powder and add cocoa powder. use more or less depending on how dark you like your chocolate. I love chocolate. cocoa powder is real chocolate. but if you are really craving those eggs i don't think you can really compare, that's more candy then chocolate i'd say
  • carolinatx
    carolinatx Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    ^^ I'm going to be trying that cocoa and yogurt recipe soon! :)
  • lttappenn
    lttappenn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Eat the chocolate! I eat a small amount of chocolate almost everyday and I still am losing fat and gaining muscle. This is a lifetime change for me and I can't imagine a life without chocolate, so I will not give it up. I usually buy the bags of Dove promises or other small chocolates and have one or two or three at the end of the day. Everything is moderation.

Enjoy that chocolate!!!!
  • sanzza
    sanzza Posts: 60
    Options
    is it your goal to have every one of your post to be a new thread?

try a high % dark chocolate and not the crap they just "call" dark chocolate.

Hey if you don't ask , you don't get , anyway I have posted in 8 threads.. only 4 are mine :tongue:
    I'd go 3 months without sex before I went 3 months without chocolate

:huh: I do NOT love chocolate that much! If I have to go a week without I get grumpy :bigsmile:

This is a big weight off my shoulders that there are alternative or like I have permission to eat CHOCOLATE! haha :devil:
  • sanzza
    sanzza Posts: 60
    Options
    This is kind of long so I apologize, but I had posted this awhile back and thought I would share:
    Yesterday I had 1/2 of a dark chocolate w/ caramel and coconut bar from TJ's. After I finished, it was disheartening that the treat consisting of (Calories: 220, carbs: 24g (11sugar/2g fiber), fat: 13 protein: 2) really gave me little satisfaction. Later that night, I needed some more calories and was trying to keep my macros balanced so I created a new treat that I LOVE

I took 2 full sheets of graham crackers (4 squares), mixed up some P2B (new peanut butter I bought) and melted 1T of organic semi dark chocolate chips – spread the P2B on 2 squares and the melted chocolate on the other 2 squares, squished them together and had a VERY yummy chocolaty treat that was much better for me – comparison:
    Homemade ~ Calories: 215, carbs: 37g (9g sugar/4g fiber), fat: 6, protein: 7g

Storebought (1/2 of a candy bar) ~ Calories: 220, carbs: 24g (11sugar/2g fiber), fat: 13 protein: 2

This is a way to satisfy the craving for chocolate and not be that 'bad'. And if you don't like peanut butter, you could just leave it off. But I agree with what others have said, you can figure a way to fit what you're craving into your day. Good luck!

This sounds literaly mouth watering! I will try this :wink:

These other recipes are great too, I love trying new things :flowerforyou:
  • noor_v
    noor_v Posts: 133 Member
    Options

I'd go 3 months without sex before I went 3 months without chocolate

Lolllzz... :drinker:
  • tomebradley
    tomebradley Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    http://www.wheyhey.co.uk/

chocolate protein ice cream

Try it.... then let me know if it's any good :laugh:
  • RawIndian
    RawIndian Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I add Carob powder to my Banana-strawberry smoothies which also has medjool dates as sugar substitute.

Absolutely delicious chocolate milk shake with all the healthy no-guilt ingredients.

Please share the recipe!

Recipe is actually quite simple.
    5-8 Strawberries
    5 Banana's
    2-3 Medjool dates
    2 cups of Silk unsweetened Almond milk
    1 tbsp - Chatfields Carob powder

Blend and drink.

The above produces 48 oz of smoothie. Reduce qty as needed to produce the desired output. Also this recipe is also open for experiementation so try it out.
  • Nathalia2009
    Nathalia2009 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    pb2 has a chocolate flavor and it is 45 cal for 2 tablespoons. Its like nutella. You can dip apples or bananas in it =)
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    99% Cocoa Lindt Excellence

100% cocoa powder (no sugar)

now you have the top ingredients for a chocolate mousse:
    - 1oz plain yogurt
    - 1tbsp of cocoa powder
    -1/4 tsp cinnamon
    -5 almonds

mix

sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top with chunks of 99% Lindt (1-2 squares are plenty)

This is the true taste of chocolate! There will be no going back to Cadbury's after that! :)

Yes yes yes! Even the 90% Lindt is good. If you want it a little bit sweeter you can melt it down over raisins or berries and make your own flavours. I actually like a bit of salt in my chocolate to counteract the sweet, add some nuts or seeds and yummo. Or add some chilli powder or other spices to it. There are no limits to what you can do with chocolate to make it a very healthy treat.

I have made chocolate from scratch using cocoa butter, raw cacao powder and coconut syrup as a sweetener. Add some cream to make a ganache and voila chocolate truffles!

Something else i eat a lot of is raw cacao nibs. Basically these are the crushed, roasted cacao beans and are quite bitter but have an addictive chocolate aftertaste. I add them to smoothies and ice cream or yoghurt for crunch and flavour.
  • Sbrn_
    Sbrn_ Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I have regular milk chocolate everyday, (for the past two weeks it's been in the form of ice cream), and I'm only on 1500 calories daily. It's pretty easy to make room for. Just fit it in somewhere.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Why do you you need a substitute? Just eat some chocolate and be happy.
  • tomebradley
    tomebradley Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    pb2 has a chocolate flavor and it is 45 cal for 2 tablespoons. Its like nutella. You can dip apples or bananas in it =)

There is no substitute for nutella!!!
  • losetogain95
    Options
    No substitute... If you want the chocolate, make room for the chocolate.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Just eat chocolate. Fit it into your daily allowance.

^^^^ this

depending on the size, one bar of chocolate is about 100-300 calories. Choose a smaller bar, check the number of calories, plan your meals for the rest of the day so you have the right amount of calories left over for the chocolate, then eat the chocolate.

that's what I do and it works. Or another alternative is to get a large bar that's in squares, find out how many calories 1 square is then you know how many squares you can fit in based on how many calories you have left over each day.