My 92 Days with MFP (pics)

Options

Replies

• MelisaBegins
    MelisaBegins Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    There's my pal! Really fantastic results, bud, and an honor to call you my MFPeep! WOot woot!
  • urban_ninja
    urban_ninja Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Couple of questions. How tall are you and what was your starting weight? What's your current weight? How many calories did you eat during this?

Just curious because everyone always preaches the "you need to be losing slowly or you'll lose all your muscle mass" thing. You lost like 20lbs a month and seem none the worse for it. What gives?

Bump. Anyone? Where are all the experts who usually chime in about this stuff.

I'm a little over 5'6 and at my heaviest I was 240. When I started MFP 92 days ago, I weighed about 200. I weigh 170 now. So the 92 days equates to 30lbs. My MFP cal recommendation was 1640 and I ate back most of my exercise calories. There were days I went over too. I think running helped accelerate the burn, and I lifted and took in more protein than MFP recommended so I wouldn't catabolize my muscle.

Thanks! That clears it up some. I thought maybe I was way off base with what I was doing. 10lbs a month is still steep but less bonkers than 20+ a month.

My MFP calc is only set at 1lb loss per week. On many days I eat well. I also don't log activities like playing tennis, martial arts, snowboarding, home renovations, and all other stuff I may do normally.
  • CaraLanglois
    CaraLanglois Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Congratulations!!
  • jesmoniq
    jesmoniq Posts: 1
    Options
    Great Job!
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Nice streak and nice job! I sent a friend request. :)
  • tlynn141978
    tlynn141978 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for the motivation to "stay the course". MFP is a supportive environment with great information and tools, and plenty of people to accompany you along the way. I hope I get to 92 days (and beyond!)
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Good job! You look awesome!
  • heartlandmama
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! Congratulations on finding what works for you and sticking with it!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Good lord! What a difference! Congrats on your huge success!
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Great job. We are on the same streak I am at 93 days. Should have taken pics. Have lost 22.2 pounds. You look great and way proud of you for sharing your story and pics
  • julesribar
    julesribar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow....this is very inspiring!!! Way to go!
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Dang you made 92 days look easy, lol I know that wasn't easy and WOW what a transformation, you look fantastic. I would love to see what the next 90 days looks like. :)

Cheers:drinker:
  • NanciKay
    NanciKay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Schmoozy07
    Schmoozy07 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You did an amazing job! Thank you for sharing :)
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Today is my 92nd day too. :) yay for 92!
  • naturesfinest4688
    naturesfinest4688 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing you look fantastic .Love to see a site thats so encouraging.
  • choll80
    choll80 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Good stuff dude
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, you look awesome! You look like one of my kickboxing instructors too. :bigsmile:

Keep up the excellent work.
  • lauraashley09
    lauraashley09 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    WOW those are amazing results!! Congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!