How do you cook your chicken?

Options
124»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    depends sometimes i grill and marinate in bait of kens italian dressing..

sometime I grill and put a little barbecue sauce on ..

other times get a whole chicken or split chicken breast and roast in the oven with some olive oil, rosemary, basil, thyme, garlic, and italian seasoning…
  • getlessheavy
    getlessheavy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Tried this last night...well basically just used your idea of salsa to make chicken enchiladas...very cool, quick and tasted great.
    from frozen chicken breasts, I simply shredded as they thawed and cooked in the pan..no oil..then I added some salsa, and let simmer for 20 minutes.

added to a tortilla and sprinkled cheese on top = about 450 calories for each.

thanks for the idea.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

other times get a whole chicken or split chicken breast and roast in the oven with some olive oil, rosemary, basil, thyme, garlic, and italian seasoning…

How do you grill marinated chicken without burning it? I've yet to be able to accomplish that.
  • lbelle987
    lbelle987 Posts: 97
    Options
    It depends on the meal....sometimes I slice breasts into strips & bread them in panko bread crumbs, then either bake it or pan fry it in a tiny bit of oil. I also like to cook breasts in the crock pot with a can of rotel and cream of chicken soup (I usually make my own with a low sodium chicken broth & a little flour). In the summer, I marinate it in Italian dressing or balsamic vinaigrette and throw it on the grill.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Saute in a pan
    Grilled brushed with BBQ sauce or covered in seasoning
    Slow cooker
    Baked
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    preheat oven to 400
    Season chicken how ya like it
    Wrap in foil and bake for an hour.
    It's fall apart tender.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My favorite chicken recipe is simple and flavorful, I have it at least once a week.

A sprinkle of parmesan cheese (1-2 tbs depending on size of the breast I use), and about 1 tsp of Salad Supreme, then bake. Simple easy, and goes with so many different sides!
  • Jewbe
    Jewbe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I make my own rubs and sauces. During the week, I tend to drizzle a little olive oil on the chicken, rub it and then cook it in a very hot oven. In cast iron.

On the week ends, I usually BBQ and use sauces and marinades. Got a great recipe for Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce and a Garlic Sauce.

I would love to have the recipe for the Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce and the Garlic sauce!!!
  • Tisiwa
    Tisiwa Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    First I start with Boneless and Skinlesss Chicken Breast. I always wash is with water and lemon juice.

I pre-season it and place them in freezer bags.

I use Jerk seasoning, for some, Curry Season, for another batch, lemon pepper, Fajita marinate, MoJo (Goya) Marinate, Garlic Pepper, There is no limit to how you season your chicken, I prefer to buy it clean it, and season it and freeze it. When I thaw and cook the meat flavors are very intense and full of flavor.

I prefer to pan sear, steam, grill, or bake my chicken. It's relatively quick and easy. It's very easy to pair with fresh veggies and salads, plus, it's rich in protein, and low in calories.
  • Tisiwa
    Tisiwa Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    brown sugar, sounds good. I never thought to use it on my chicken, I'll have to check the calories.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Outside on the grill.

Weather permitting this ^^ is my favorite way. But there are so many ways that I cook chicken that I could never list them all here.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I make shredded chicken in the crockpot a lot...buffalo shredded chicken or BBQ shredded chicken mostly but can do plain, taco, salsa or other types. I like to make a bunch and use some for dinner on rolls, in tacos or quesadillas and use the rest for salads for lunch.
  • annielaurie88
    annielaurie88 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I buy thighs and thaw them (with skin & bone) then boil them in water on the stove until they are about cooked. Then put them on our charcoal grill and smother in BBQ sauce. such an easy way to cook them and they taste AMAZING. (plus semi healthy, compared to cooking in oil)

If you ever want to know the best way to get awesome breading for boneless/skinless chicken, here you go- it is my favorite meal although its not as good for you (cook in oil).
    Dip chicken in flour, then egg yolk, then a mixture of panko bread crumbs & grated parmsean cheese. (mostly parmesean cheese though).

fry in about 1/2" of oil on stovetop, once both sides are light brown, bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 350. SOOO juicy and literally best breading i have ever had! i try not to eat this too much, just because the oil isnt amazing for you, but once in awhile cant be horrible, right? :)
  • swalker725
    swalker725 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing: I purchase a whole, organic chicken. season at night, liberally, with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and a little cayenne. in the morning, put it in the crockpot all by itself. set it for 8 hours on low. either eat it with a vegetable and carb for dinner, or add it to burritos, tacos, or something else. BUT THEN,

after we have it for dinner, i save all skin, bones, giblets, everything, throw them back into the crockpot along with whatever liquid accumulated during cooking (its a lot) and add carrot, an onion, garlic, celery. fill to about 1/2 inch from top with water and set on low again for 8 hours. when you wake up tomorrow you have the best ever chicken stock, like 16 cups of it. i freeze 2 cups at a time in ziplock bags its the best!!!
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    I usually do this to thighs. I rub the thawed pieces with Slap-yo-Mama seasoning (similar to Tony's but better). I put the rub under the skin or just remove the skin all together depending on my mood. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4-6 hrs. Then put on the grill with low flame (gas grill) or when the coals are burned down if using charcaol. Cook indiectly (not directly over the heat source). COver and let cook 30 mins before turning. Cook another 30 mins. I swear when I use the tongs to take the bird off the grill, it squirts out clear liquid. This is some of the juiciest tastiest chicken you'll ever have. Enjoy this with some cole slaw and Ranch Style beans and you have a great low fat meal.
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Majority of my chicken is done in the crockpot and I shred it up afterwards. My usual recipes are Buffalo Chicken and Honey Lime Chicken. I'll eat it in a wrap, with quinoa, brown rice, etc
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

How do you grill marinated chicken without burning it? I've yet to be able to accomplish that.

Really? We marinate and grill chicken at least 2-3 times a week. Do you have a gas or a charcoal grill? We have a gas one and I just set the temp to med-high to get the intiial grill marks, then drop it down to medium after about 3 minutes, flip it after about 5 more minutes, cook it for another 5-8 minutes on the other side depending on thickness.

I have had issues with burning if I'm using barbecue sauce because of the high sugar content, and especially if they are bone in chicken breasts. What I usually do with those is to grill them without the sauce, just a dry rub, and then put sauce on in the last few minutes just to get it a little carmelized.
  • mynameisnotemily
    mynameisnotemily Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I poach it with a bit of tamari, then strain the leftover broth and reserve for adding into my next soup/stew.
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    The pressure cooker is the gift to person who wants good food fast and doesn't have the money for expensive cuts of meat. The flavor is all the way through whatever you cook in it. I have an electric one that you can program and has a removable inner pot (like a crock pot, but metal). Hands down the best investment I've made in my kitchen in years!

I agree! I have a whole chicken in mine with lime, cilantro, and jalapeno, as posted earlier. Can't wait to try the new chicken idea.

I brown my chicken first in a skillet. I had a pc years ago, one with that jiggling thing, but just got a new electric one, and loving it so far!
  • Mello_Rello
    Mello_Rello Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Spray the bottom of a pan with pam/olive oil, season with chipotle flavored Mrs. Dash, then bake...easy peasy. That or bake the chicken, and add sofrito on top for a burst of flavor.