Healthiest coffee creamer??If any!

Options

Replies

• Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to lose weight you should have "the real" stuff. Full calorie cream.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I have been using Coffee Mate FF flavored creamer for years. A friend and my dr said to try to eliminate the creamer from my coffee. Since it has so much sugar. Problem is milk in my coffee is boring. I only drink 2 cups in the AM. Thats all. Should I keep the creamer or find something healthier? What else could I use? Thanks!

I was looking for a creamer and non of them had anything of any food value....I usually drink my coffee black but when I don't I use a low fat vanilla milk or chocolate milk, that way I'm at least getting calcium and protein.....
  • rowenazane
    rowenazane Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use the real deal. Heavy whipping cream. Just a splash - tastes great and no weird chemicals. I try to limit myself to one cup in the morning, though. Add a single packet of normal sugar, and my cup is 70 calories. Nothing to be afraid of in it, and it kinda abates the hunger in the mid-morning office dance of too much to do and no time to take a break to snack.
  • linnyrhea
    linnyrhea Posts: 105
    Options
    So funny that you posted this. I stopped putting my Sugar Free French Vanilla creamer in my coffee.

Then just last week, I added it back. I figured that i eat great the whole day and I work out everyday, that it was worth the 3 grams of sugar and 3 grams of carbs. I just enjoy my coffee so much more and it is a pleasure.

i totally agree with this!! i consider my coffee my treat! i use the low fat version though. but shes right i also eat right an exercise so why not have my delicious coffee? i refuse to give it up!

This!

I use good old fashioned hazelnut creamer, I only have one cup a day so I figure its not all bad when the rest of my day is spot on (usually)
  • bsalvato
    bsalvato Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I second the Land O Lakes fat free half and half. I can't have anything but half and half or light cream in my coffee and this does the trick
  • ellenrose25
    Options
    unsweetened almond milk! yum! 40 calories a cup!
  • theNurseNancy
    Options

This^ if you can't tolerate sugar substitutes!
  • luvmycoffee
    luvmycoffee Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<< As you can see, I :heart: my coffee!! I loved it so much as I was gaining weight these past few years. My favorite was the seasonal Pumpkin Spice from CoffeMate or Hazelnut the rest of the year. All those chemicals & calories...YIKES! :noway:

I got truly serious the beginning of March & the hardest thing I did was give up coffee creamer in my morning coffee. I add Stevia & 1 dash of cinnamon, now my 2 cups are only 5 calories! At first I thought there is NO WAY. Now, I am completely used to it.

If you must have something in it, the other suggestions about almond milk & the "true" creamers with no artificial junk in them are best!
  • november03
    november03 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My sweetend coffee is my biggest down fall, along with not eating breakfast. My solution Coffee Breakfast Shake.
    8 oz Brewed Coffee hot or cold
    1 Scoop Vanilla whey Protien Powder
    1 TBL Spoon powdered Coco
    3 drops Almond extract
    1 TBL Spoon CocoNut milk
    Mix in a Shaker or Blender.....yummy and about 25 grams of Protien. Problem Solved.

I have also added verious berries or frozen peaches for a yummy flavor twist.

may have to try this....
    I gave up coffee drinks and my creamers for lent and the wt started coming off again... =)
  • Chood5
    Chood5 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Heavy cream!
  • caseyboo85
    Options
    Honestly I say allow yourself that one treat in the morning, you have the entire day ahead of you and I know personally if I cut ALL of my indulgences from my routine I cheat more ):
  • bcaldwell1990
    Options
    I really think that you are doing yourself a disservice if you are turning towards sugar-free, stevia, or truvia. They are all un-natural sweeteners. Raw honey is going to be your best bet or even regular honey. It may not be as "low" in calories as you would like, but you have to decide when low calorie is better or worse than actual healthy stuff. I would lean towards milk/organic half & half and honey any day over sugar-free syrups and fake sweeteners. In my opinion that would be the best way to go!
  • ginam70
    ginam70 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I measure out the 1tbs of creamer for the two cups I have every day! Its 50 calories total and really worth it for me starting my day off right!
  • heathermt13
    heathermt13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use so delicious coconut milk creamer. I like the vanilla
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Try a gourmet blend of coffee maybe from Peet's or your local coffee shop and you will begin to enjoy the flavor a lot more. When I began drinking coffee the barista one day told me that he stopped putting sugar in my latte recently. I was surprised because it tasted so sweet. You will enjoy coffee a lot more if you use a better quality. Even the good brands of creamer replacements such as So Delicious have sugar in them if you are avoiding it for that reason.
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    a tablespoon of half and half has only 20 calories, it has to be better for us than the chemicals added to the Coffee Mate and other flavorings/lighteners

Agreed! I just use 1 tablespoon of organic half and half and 1tsp of sugar. Totally worth it.
  • Dakryn
    Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I use coffee mate and if im eating right and moving the way im supposed to be moving (which I am on both) then im going to drink my coffee how i like...I only drink one or two cups a day...I used to drink it with milk and sugar and now its just the creamer...so ive cut out some sugar...right? lol Plus, if im not drinking my coffee, Im drinking water...
    I love my coffee and I wouldnt change a thing...
  • Manatee83
    Options
    I personally love Sammi's Best Coffee Creamer. There are 4 flavors it dissolves well in coffee (it's powdered) uses all natural ingredients, Non-GMO and uses Coconut Oil as 2nd ingredient which I can taste. Pretty good stuff.
  • JustVegas
    JustVegas Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee creamy but not sweet so I use half n half. The problem is that I use a good bit of it and that's more calories than I want first thing in the morning. I am very high risk for type 2 diabetes so I try to follow a typical diabetic diet, higher protein, lower carb, no sugar, so the fat free half n half is not a good option because they replace the fat with the sugar.
    Anyway, I'm searching high and low for options. I keep trying it black or with less cream and I just hate the taste. :/
    I'm considering switching to lattes with skim milk but the gear to make them right is expensive.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options

I love the sweet cream and vanilla flavors. I think they're 35 cals per serving