How old do I look?

Options
also am I attractive at all or down right ugly? Men are always hitting on my co-workers at work and always ignore, act like I'm not there. It's frustrating and I used to think I was an okay weight but now I just am trying to figure out what is wrong with me? It's as if I have a sign on my forehead that says please look away quickly, I will burn your eyes from my ugliness! Please reply. I'm in desperate need of response, because I just don't know what to do any more. Also how old do I look? I really need help here. I mean I am friendly and smile and compliment people and I work hard, but everyone like I said goes for my co-worker over me...It's really bad. I mean when someone is talking to 'us' at the counter - they act like I'm not there. (I'm not even being dramatic.) It's getting old...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122882318@N08/with/13740674665/

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call you ugly, but looking at your picture did make me feel like someone was behind me with a knife
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    you are a cutie.

oh and i would say you look about 22.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I think you look cute, but with the hair over your eyes it makes you seem sort of meek and that could be off-putting to some people :smile:

Maybe taking some control in losing weight, no matter how little will give you a confidence boost!

I would guess you to be in your mid 20's but I'm really bad at that stuff --- sorry!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Good grief, of course you aren't ugly. I have no clue how old you are but I'd say low twenties at the most.

What I do want to say is that how you "look" has minimal affect on why people talk to you, and are attracted to you. There are plenty of truly "ugly" people who are surrounded by others all the time because they are fun and rewarding to hang with. Do you make eye contact with strangers; smile at them and have a true conversation with them?
  • kiroshino
    kiroshino Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ditto the above. I think you're a cute girl, possibly in your early-to-mid 20's.

I can't tell if you're packing on excess fat, but if you are, it doesn't show on your face. If there's anything that threw me off, it would be your eyeliner. Then again, that's just personal preference.

I wouldn't worry too much. In terms of appearance, you're working with a good base. Without knowing anything else, I'd just recommend some strength training for toning and posture.
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    This is a really weird post.
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Don't compare yourself to your coworker. Maybe she is competing with you and you don't even know it. Spend time with people that make you feel good about yourself.

You look good and in your early 20's.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    You look like you're in your early 20s.

I totally get how looking too young can be annoying, people are often quite rude to me because they assume I'm a teenager and do not treat me respectfully as one would an adult. I'm very short and have a "baby face" so there's not much getting around it, I just try to be as confident and well spoken as possible and that in itself causes people to second guess how old they think I am.

With that said, your first post on a fitness website is asking for validation that you're not ugly (which, you're not, by the way)... I think you should work on your self-esteem because this post is a serious cry for help. The issues you're having with your coworkers are probably not caused by them thinking that you're hideous, it has everything to do with how you project yourself socially.
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    With that said, your first post on a fitness website is asking for validation that you're not ugly (which, you're not, by the way)... I think you should work on your self-esteem because this post is a serious cry for help.

^^^This.
  • edisonsbulb
    edisonsbulb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    What I do want to say is that how you "look" has minimal affect on why people talk to you, and are attracted to you. There are plenty of truly "ugly" people who are surrounded by others all the time because they are fun and rewarding to hang with. Do you make eye contact with strangers; smile at them and have a true conversation with them?

This.

You are clearly lacking confidence, which is the main thing that grabs people. I can't tell you how to get excited about being you, but that's really where it's all at. Like I can think of 10 things that are dope about me without even touching my appearance. As long as you feel secure in the fact that you're awesome, you will convey it in everything you do, and most people will believe you're awesome, too. And if they don't, you won't care. It's their problem.
  • RomulanWarbird
    Options
    With that said, your first post on a fitness website is asking for validation that you're not ugly (which, you're not, by the way)... I think you should work on your self-esteem because this post is a serious cry for help.

^^^This.

Exactly. The only place you need to look for validation is within your own mind.

I've suffered from confidence issues for a very long time, and it's always -all in your head.- You're a fine looking girl, really, but your mindset is what's making you feel unattractive.

Working out, not to lose weight because you really don't look overweight or anything, but just to gain endorphins might be good for you. Just give yourself some you time. You're the only one who can help you feel attractive, because like pseudomuffin said, you're projecting the "ugly" mindset onto yourself.

That mindset and lack of self-confidence is the only "unattractive" thing you have to deal with.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Fisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshing for compliments!! Nice!
  • ojosh089
    ojosh089 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

This.

You are clearly lacking confidence, which is the main thing that grabs people. I can't tell you how to get excited about being you, but that's really where it's all at. Like I can think of 10 things that are dope about me without even touching my appearance. As long as you feel secure in the fact that you're awesome, you will convey it in everything you do, and most people will believe you're awesome, too. And if they don't, you won't care. It's their problem.

spot on
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    5826532_700b.jpg
  • JesRuizz
    JesRuizz Posts: 215
    Options
    5826532_700b.jpg

bahahahah!
  • macrotracko
    macrotracko Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You look super young, like 18-21. I would kill for your hair. Ditch the eyeliner or keep it to the top lid only. Def makes you look scary.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    #1065 is the best of those 4. genuine smile.

you look to be a bout 20.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    also am I attractive at all or down right ugly? Men are always hitting on my co-workers at work and always ignore, act like I'm not there. It's frustrating and I used to think I was an okay weight but now I just am trying to figure out what is wrong with me? It's as if I have a sign on my forehead that says please look away quickly, I will burn your eyes from my ugliness! Please reply. I'm in desperate need of response, because I just don't know what to do any more. Also how old do I look? I really need help here. I mean I am friendly and smile and compliment people and I work hard, but everyone like I said goes for my co-worker over me...It's really bad. I mean when someone is talking to 'us' at the counter - they act like I'm not there. (I'm not even being dramatic.) It's getting old...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122882318@N08/with/13740674665/

You are very pretty. Your hair makes you appear extremely young (teenage). I would suggest that you go to a good hair stylist and get a flattering cut that makes you appear more professional and mature.

How do you present yourself? Do you shy away when people approach you or do you look them in the eye and speak with confidence? It may be the vibe you are putting out rather than the way you look.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    You're cute but you look underage.