A little advice here? anything..

Options

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    ALL the weight I have lost was water weight and muscle and maybe a tiny tiny bit of fat. At the time of doing 1200 cals, I wasn't working out at all, so i lost muscle. NOW i'am still doing 1200cals, AND working out and i just started trying to do heavy lifting...

You missed the point, you lost muscle because you lost too much weight too fast, eating too little. This is why people are recommending you slow down on the weight loss and start strength training to prevent losing any more lean body mass. Because people who lose too much too fast still have proportionally the same amount of body fat % when they get to goal weight. It is commonly known as "skinny fat".
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I saw a big difference in my belly region when I cut out pasta and breads, not immediately, but after a few weeks. Also, when I started eating bread again, the reverse was also true. Stick with the lean protein, and veggies as much as possible. Try cutting out any of the processed foods, you may seel a difference in how you feel and look.
  • mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Why are you not listening to any of the advice given to you on the first 2-3 pages of this thread? Why are you asking all of these people to regurgitate what has already been clearly outlined on the first 2-3 pages of this thread?
    :huh: Sorry, but it's obvious to me why. But I love these threads, they make my day go faster and I do end up learning stuff. Your advice has been helpful to me, thanks. :smile:

ETA: typo
  • LadyBoss_1989
    LadyBoss_1989 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I will sometimes eat whole wheat bread but maybe like once a week thats it.
    Do processed foods include the Smart Ones and Lean Crusine meals?
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Do processed foods include the Smart Ones and Lean Crusine meals?

That's almost the epitome of processed food.
  • Lisacare
    Lisacare Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yoga
  • cwheelz18
    cwheelz18 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I believe the 1200 calories a day is too low since you are exercising. Your body needs fuel. I recommend upping your caloric intake. Also, what exactly are you eating? Do you mind sharing your meal plan? Is it the same thing over and over, or are you switching it up everyday. Personally, I am a firm believer that you should be eating a proper balance of protein, carbs and healthy fats. Try not to focus so much on the number on the scale, but how you look and feel. Also, I hate to say it, but cellulite is really hard to get rid of...especially as we age. :(
  • cwheelz18
    cwheelz18 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, try to stay away from processed food. Those types of foods are usually loaded with sugar and sodium.
  • LadyBoss_1989
    Options
    what about Carbs?
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    what about Carbs?

They're delicious and basically the glucose is necessary for brain function. What about them?
  • LadyBoss_1989
    Options
    how much per day? I know eating carbs all day long is not a good thing...
  • freemystery
    freemystery Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    OP, are you trolling?

You keep asking the same questions and disregarding the answers.

1- you cannot gain muscle on the kind of deficit you are talking about here. I mean you can but it's extremely difficult/ unlikely/ contentious.

2- you cannot spot reduce, this includes your belly fat

3- no supplement can help you. Please go ahead and try safflower oil or whatever other thing you mentioned. Hell, why not raspberry ketones or a green tea fat flush and we'll all see you back here when you don't understand why it hasn't worked.

Listen to the advice that stroutman is giving. This is somebody who clearly knows what they are talking about. His advice, particularly his first reply is something you need to read and absorb. Not skim over or disregard because it doesn't suit you. Just read the posts slower and understand that even though at first things sound contradictory, essentially everybody here is giving you the same advice. You just need to decide what you want to achieve and that goal has to be within the parameters of reality, then the forum members can help you better.

Right now you are shooting for the impossible and your methods are at best questionable, at worst counterproductive.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You are making this WAY TOO COMPLICATED. You are not comprehending everything already said here in the thread? Here, I will try to make this more simple.

1- Set MFP to lose half a pound per week.
    2- Set it to 40% Carbs, 30% Protein, 30% Fat.
    3- Eat more when you do cardio, log it and eat half those calories back.
    4- Heavy lifting, log it as 1 calorie burned, if you log it.
    5 - Take measurements and photos, don't worry about the scale weight.

Look at the protein goals for the day once you have set it up as above. Try to hit that amount of protein and don't worry as much about the carbs and fat. Eat "normal" foods, not low fat or diet foods. Report back in 8 weeks and tell us how your clothes are fitting, how many inches you lost.
  • LadyBoss_1989
    Options
    My BMR is around 1,400 ish. I do have a desk job where im sitting all day and than work out in the evening atleast 4 times a week.
    So Do I really need to up my calories?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...for this MFP textbook case.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    wipe front to back.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member