Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I stopped dieting for a month

So I stopped dieting for a month and started back on it today I didn't gain that much weight only gained 3 pounds But my question is I'm going through the same thing that I did when I started dieting The very first time so does this mean I'm like starting over like over again. With like water weight and all that stuff?

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    3 pounds could be a normal fluctuation. I regularly sit between 127-129 and i weigh myself every day. If you want to get a better idea of whether or not you're gaining fat, try weighing yourself every week.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Gaining weight really doesn't tell the story, did your clothes get tighter is the real question?
  • susalia1
    susalia1 Posts: 19
    Not really I think
  • missyme10
    missyme10 Posts: 38 Member
    I've took the last 6 weeks off and also gained 3lb. I continued to weigh myself weekly and have seen a slow creep up in weight so I know it's an increase in fat.
    I re start my diet on Friday, and I figured I'll be starting over again. But as I am only aiming for max 1lb loss a week, I find water weight etc. really doesn't come into it. I don't get the big initial weight loss unless I drop to 1200kcal or less in the first week to kick start the diet.

Good luck with the restart x