I have a question for weight loss veterns

Options
how does it feel to have loos 100 + pounds but what ever the feeling is I cant weight for it.:heart:

Replies

• lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    so far I have lost 86lbs and apart from needing new clothes I don't feel much different
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I only lost 75 but it feels amazing.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Mine was only about 30 lbs but the drop in body fat was huge...previous BF was about 30%...current 16.7%. All about gaining muscle now. Irregardless - goals are goals and hitting each milestone was exciting and continues to be.

I wish you all the best going forward!! You can do this!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    pretty freakin' incredible and absolutely worth the time and effort.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I haven't reached 100 pounds, but I can confirm that I am now superhuman.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I only lost 40 initially but it feels great; I am much more representative of the old me that existed for much longer than the fat me. I'm currently trying to drop another 10 or so to get rid of my little spare tire and love handles...I find this part the most difficult as my initial losses I was really focused on my health and was losing for my health...this last 10 is pure vanity and I'm just not that vain so it's hard to restrict my calories for vanity sake.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    It's easier to do things. Most things, actually. I like that a lot.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    ive lost 73. it feels pretty close to amazing at times. at other times, i still see the same girl in the mirror.
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Amazing, freeing and terrifying all at the same time. When you start the weight loss journey you often think that once you get to your goal weight, life will be perfect. Unfortunately, that is often wrong. Losing this much weight may have made me healthier but it has also brought up a lot of emotional issues that I had been covering with food my whole life. For those that have a lot of weight to lose, I strongly recommend adding therapy sessions to your lifestyle change. It's almost more important to work on the mental aspect of weight loss as it is to work on the physical. For me, seeing a therapist made the difference between gaining the weight back and finally being free of the fear of gaining it back.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    (My ticker says 73 but in total I have lost 118)

The best part of it for me honestly is being average sized. I am still overweight, but it is awesome to know that I am a regular size person in general, for example going to an amusement park yesterday I fit easily in all rides even needed to tighten the seat belts or restraints in some cases from the previous rider. I fit in chairs and booths and bath tubs. I am not the exception anymore or the bigger person who requires some special accommodation. I never needed that to a huge extent or anything, it was more the subtle things like my friends letting me pick which seat at dinner because I would obviously stick out further into the aisle than someone else. Now I feel "average" and it is wonderful.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    how does it feel to have loos 100 + pounds but what ever the feeling is I cant weight for it.:heart:
    I don't really feel any different I just can do more things without sounding or feeling like I'm going to drop dead and have I a lot of very big clothes!
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I haven't quite gotten to 100 pounds, but even getting this far, it feels pretty awesome. I went to a theater the other day, sat down, and realized that I wouldn't have fit in those seats when I was at my highest. I tightened the seat belt on the plane last time I flew. I can wear my dog out because going half a mile isn't a "long walk" anymore! I'm fitting into sizes of clothes that I hadn't ever even thought I could fit into—and it still surprises me when I do so. I've still got nearly 100 pounds to lose, but looking at how far I've come so far I can't imagine stopping, or going back. It's all been 100% worth it.
  • chasingdreams18
    chasingdreams18 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    ive lost 73. it feels pretty close to amazing at times. at other times, i still see the same girl in the mirror.

Feel the same as above! But I have only lost 55 and I have been at this for awhile now all I see is the same person I even feel like I did before :ohwell:

The good thing is.. good things come to those who wait.. AND WORK THERE BUTTS OFF :laugh: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!