working out while traveling

Options
2»

Replies

• 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Well, it depends on what you like to do. But there's all kinds of body-weight exercises you can do in your room. Add in a little sprinting if you're outside for some HIIT.

If you make it to a park and want have a good workout, try this one: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/04/12/playground-workout/

Or just make it up as you go along. There's nothing that says a workout has to be a strict regiment. "Playtime" workouts are just as much exercise as sticking to a script.

And you can always ask the desk clerk or whomever you're traveling to visit it they know of a place to get a good hike or run in. They may turn you on to some local place that you otherwise may have missed.
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Pressups, running, pressups, situps, pressups, squats.

Also pressups! :-)

On my most recent trip, did a lot of stretching, which I tend to neglect usually - that worked well for me
  • LKW59
    LKW59 Posts: 28
    Options
    bumping
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I use DvD workouts for on the go! I also have an app on my phone :) super easy
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Some hotels have fitness TV channels where you can order a workout on demand, or an exercise kit you can borrow from the front desk. Also agree with the suggestions of bringing your own DVDs, doing a body weight workout (try the You Are Your Own Gym books, DVDs and app for phone or tablet), going for a run or walk and checking out a local gym. I have to travel this weekend and I will be missing yoga so I'm doing a drop-in at a studio that's close to my hotel. If the weather's nice, maybe rent a bike/do bikeshare or do some other fun physical activity that isn't the gym?
  • jjsemm
    jjsemm Posts: 3
    Options
    I travel a lot for work right now. In the morning I do 20 minute DVD workouts that I've copied onto a thumb drive. I also check with the hotels to see if they have gym arrangments, like previously suggested. My best finds for group classes was contacting the local YMCA and getting a 7-day pass that was good for a few months. (I was coming back multiple trips.) I've also done this with local recreation centers for group classes, but the Y gave me access to the entire facility. I also had a Zumba teacher tell me about the Zumba app that allows me to find classes any where i go, and that is my calorie burning fun of choice. ;)

My 2014 goal is to see how many states I can zumba in. :tongue: So far I have the west coast covered.