Hello Everyone! Back on the "wagon" again

Options
Hello Everyone, I have been on the site for over a week now and loving it. 5 years ago, my weight jumped up to 200lbs. I only realized it when trying to buy a new outfit for the Christmas holidays. I made a pact with myself to lose the weight. It took me a year but I was able to drop from size 18 to 10 (I only got on the scale one time throughout this process). For the last 5 years my weight crept back up slowly. Now I am 208 pounds. It is definitely time for a change and this time for good. New pact - get back to a healthy weight in 2011.

I look forward to sharing with everyone and I am sure this site will make this journey a lot easier.

Replies

• darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hi Sheila!

Welcome Home :happy:

You have come to the right place! The community here is so supportive, helpful and encouraging! I just came to this site in November myself, and now I log in and track everyday. It feels good to have so many people who have similar experiences as myself that I can now lean on for understanding and HOPE!

I'm so happy to have you here.

I wish you the best of luck ...
  • raeadams
    Options
    Hi Sheila,

yep,those darn sneak attacks...LOL....Welcome I've only been here a few days myself...and must say it's the boom...if you need support friend me...much luck and success to your goal......Lifestyle not diet.....;-)
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hi Sheila! Welcome to mfp.

Weighing yourself at least once a week can help keep your mind focused on the game. I personally weigh myself just about every day to see how foods affect my weight, like water retention and such.

You can do it again and make it stick this time!