Non Food Rewards!!

Options
Hello All,

I want to get away from rewarding myself with food. Can you give me ideas for rewards? And at what interval you reward yourself :)

Replies

• cholepapi
    cholepapi Posts: 79
    Options
    Try on clothes you couldn't fit in before. Give yourself a pass on a workout go to see a movie instead. Buy new music for yr ipod....
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I have bought new bathing suits and some new pieces of clothing. I reward for my accomplishments rather than pounds or inches. Things like 100 miles logged on Run Keeper, not going red in my food journal for a month or exercising 5 days a week for a month at least 30 minutes a day. I am planning to treat myself to a massage once I can run a mile without stopping.
  • FemmeFire
    FemmeFire Posts: 49
    Options
    Focus on small, attainable goals. Every time you work out, put a dollar into a jar. When you reach one of your goals, take the money and buy yourself a new workout outfit, new shoes or take a class you've been wanting to try.
  • roozielynne
    roozielynne Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Manicure and Pedicure
    New clothes
    New athletic clothes
    Take a class you always wanted to try
    Get a massage
    Get a new hair cut
    New iTunes card for music for exercise
    New jewelry
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Right now it's clothing because nothing I owned fits. LOL Oh the joy of being able to shop in the standard ladies sizes and not searching for the plus section!

I also love accessories, so a new purse, bracelet, scarf etc. Running shoes, workout clothes or new music. Or a mini makeover with a mani-pedi or new hair style.
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have been doing things like a massage, new clothes, a new kitchen gadget, workout equipment, mani/pedi, and books. I am thinking about a new tattoo as well.

Like Sharon, I am able to shop in the regular sizes instead of plus sizes, and that is a reward in itself. I am finding that I have to learn what looks good all over again, but that's ok! Because of that, I only shop if I am in the mood to try things on, because I could be trying on several items before I even find one thing that I think looks good.
  • l_ashley
    l_ashley Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Clothes shopping. :)
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I don't actually reward myself with anything extra. My reward is enjoying the benefit of good health.
  • sabbyfairy
    sabbyfairy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I buy myself pins for my messenger bags for scale and non-scale victories. Usually they're not terribly expensive (usually $1-5 a piece depending on size), so it's a nice treat and a reminder for me to keep going.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Clothes, massages, anything fitness related, pampering, expensive healthy food items ( I know that's food but if you reward yourself with healthy good quality stuff that you usually don't buy and really savour in moderation it it's okay)
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Focus on small, attainable goals. Every time you work out, put a dollar into a jar. When you reach one of your goals, take the money and buy yourself a new workout outfit, new shoes or take a class you've been wanting to try.

Oooo.....This is a good one.........
  • JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have them all listed on my profile page - and because I have a lot of weight to lose, they are about 15 pounds apart :)
  • cdrumgoole1
    Options
    A bra and panty set - that match! :D

I think I'll do this every 10 pounds I lose.
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    my reward is seeing changes in the mirror :)
  • robergebsr
    robergebsr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love your post and I'm right there with you!
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I told myself that if I lost 100 pounds that I would take professional wedding photos!

Looking for the dress now. =)
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    My rewards are usually something I want anyway, but I delay getting / doing it until I hit a goal mark. One was a tablet, one was booking a vacation, one was a photo portrait session. The next one (3lbs away) is a bicycle.

Although clothes shopping is more fun that it was, I still consider it a necessary evil. I actually find I end up shopping every couple of weeks as I move through clothes. The best part about it is the steps I get in walking around the mall, so I don't consider it a reward.
  • MissBounceUK
    MissBounceUK Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm treating myself to a brand new hair re-style and colour - a new 'do' to match the new more slender me. :-)
  • rompydompy
    rompydompy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    After my first two weeks of working out every day, I got myself some snazzy workout gear-- running pants and sports bras... after a month of exercising every day, I got myself new running shoes :) Small rewards like that make me look forward to working out more-- I mean, let's face it, what girl isn't motivated by a new pair of shoes? :P

For me, my next milestone will be at the 25lb loss mark, and I'll likely get myself a new outfit, or a bike-- rewards that continue encouraging a healthy lifestyle!