If you're just starting, let's start together!!

Options
Hey guys, so I've started my journey last year (lost about 30-35lbs) but picked up again last month. Things have been tough lately though, due to my grandmother. She actually passed just a couple hours ago (long story..but we were anticipating this since Monday.. its ok, I'm alright). So my progress since March hasn't been too good.. lost 5lbs but keep fluctuating. My current weight is about 195-200lbs. But I tend to go with the highest, so let's say I'm 200 right now (ugh, again).

Anyway, with everything going on... I figured, it's April..a month of new beginnings. And I'm so ready, SO READY. Let's do this, shall we?!

Replies

• MiliOm
    MiliOm Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am sorry for your lost. it is impressive that no matter how hard things might get you are still making the commitment to get healthier.

I will love to help in anyway I can. I started to change my eating habits in February but I joined mfp on the 1st of April and I have lost 5kg. In this last two months I have learn that small changes to your current lifestyle make a huge difference, don't try to make drastic changes too fast as you might not be able to maintain them, start with little things like adding fruit and veggies to your calorie intake, exercise at least 30 minutes daily even if its just walking and then build from there.

I sent you a request, we can motivate each other :wink:
  • kbyebea
    kbyebea Posts: 30
    Options
    I understand the process, it's just implementing it is the hardest part. But as long as I believe in myself, I know that I can do it. Thanks so much for the add. I'm falling in love with this community... I could never make this much friends in person, lol. I'm too much of an introvert, as ironic as it seems :p
  • nnylacire13
    nnylacire13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Just sent you both friend requests. Best wishes to you on this journey!