Why have I lost nothing?!

Options
This last two weeks I have been so good with my eating. The first week I managed to have fish and chips and a burger in my meals and still lost 4 pounds!

This last week I have tried to be really good too, and honestly did expect to have lost some. I weighed myself this morning and I had only lost 1/4 of a pound!

Can someone check my diary and please tell me where I have gone wrong?! (n.b I only have a full diary entry for this previous week)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/rebeccaclark773

Thank you :)

Replies

• SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear,
    There may be weeks where you lose and some where you dont.

Just stick with it,
    The fact that you losing means that you are doing it right.

Stick with it and keep it up
    Dont let the scale dictate your whole weight loss journey, try measure yourself or take pictures for a better idea of progress.

Good luck
    :smile:
  • laurenlollypop
    Options
    You ask why you have lost nothing and then say you've lost 1/4lb! That is something and it should be celebrated. Over two weeks you have lost 4 1/4lbs... that's an average of 21/8lbs per week... and that's good. All we can look at is averages. One week you can gain 3lbs the next lose 5 and on average it's a loss. That's kind of the point. Hence why some advocate weighing in monthly while others like to see the day to day fluctuations based on sodium, water etc.

Just remember as long as you eat less that your body uses in a day you will lose weight. It is that simple. It just takes patience.
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Well first of all, you haven't failed - you lost 1/4 of a pound - a loss is a loss! But here are some tips:

You need to weigh and log EVERYTHING.
    - I don't see any drinks in your diary, which either means you don't drink anything (BAD!) or you're not logging them. Drinks have calories too, unless it's water, and you should drink lots and lots of water.
    - Weigh items rather than relying on the values "per slice" or "per chicken breast" etc.
    - Are you being honest with your diary? For example on April 7th did you really have two slices of dry bread for lunch, and a chicken breast and 5 potatoes for dinner? Nothing else? No sauces, no veggies, no spread on your bread? And on the 6th did you really have dry bread rolls for breakfast and a bunch of bacon rashers for lunch?

As long as you are under your calorie goal, what you eat doesn't really make a difference. BUT salty foods (like your fish and chips, burgers, and any ready meals, takeaways or processed foods), can cause you to retain water so try making meals from scratch and drink lots of water to help eliminate the salt. To be healthy, you should be eating a balanced diet. Fill up on protein and vegetables in your proper meals rather than wasting all those calories on snacks like biscuits and frappe milkshakes; snack on fruit instead.

Exercise! You're either not logging any, or not doing any. Moving more, even if it's just going for a walk or doing some vigorous housework, will raise your heart rate and get those calories burning faster.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Are you being honest with your diary? For example on April 7th did you really have two slices of dry bread for lunch, and a chicken breast and 5 potatoes for dinner? Nothing else? No sauces, no veggies, no spread on your bread? And on the 6th did you really have dry bread rolls for breakfast and a bunch of bacon rashers for lunch?

I was going to say this.
    Never any butter recorded with your sandwiches or bread.
    One day you recorded 'home made roast potatoes, 5 small - medium' - you need to actually weigh the potatoes, measure the oil, etc.
    And yes, just 4 rashers of bacon, nothing else for lunch one day? It doesn't ring true to me.
  • Dregg
    Dregg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you will not lose based on retaining some water, gaining some muscle, etc. I recommend doing measurements as well as weighing yourself weekly. A lot of times you will see little or no change in weight, but your measurements are still lowering.

Also, as mentioned, be very critical with yourself calculating calories.
  • rebeccaclark773
    Options
    Thank you all that was really helpful! Feel a lot better about it all, and yeah I suppose I really wasn't putting enough care into what I was logging. As of today, going to log spreads, sauces, etc, as well as exercise!

Back on track now! Thanks a lot :D