when craving sweets......

Options
2»

Replies

• sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    There is no "instead" for me. If I want sweets, I eat something sweet. Sometimes it's a piece of fruit and sometimes it's a candy bar.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I eat something sweet every day, usually chocolate - yes, even (gasp!) milk chocolate. It fits into an all round balanced diet.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I drink my Shakeology in the morning. It truly helps my craving for sweets for the whole day.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I eat them. Make it fit into your daily calories. This would be called lifestyle change. You won't want to go through the rest of your life trying to find something to eat instead of what you're craving or want. You can still enjoy the things you love to eat. You just may have to learn to enjoy them less.
  • tallieterp
    tallieterp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate chips or dark chocolate m&ms at night after dinner as long as I have room in my allowance which I try to factor in throughout the day and if I don't have room then I do a quick 100 calorie burn circuit so I feel like I earned them.

i also get my "sweets" through fruit and yogurt etc during lunch hours or snacks... if I deny myself I'm setting myself up to binge later...
  • Singlejules
    Singlejules Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else has said, don't deprive yourself or you will go off plan. Fit it into your calories.
    I have a small milky way on a Saturday or Sunday, just depends on what mood i`m in. I stick it in the freezer for 1 hour, and savor the flavor. Lasts longer than a normal one. Good luck, and enjoy, in moderation.:-)
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm craving. Yesterday was a bad day, but with all my walking yesterday and my workout I was able to stay under my calories. Not by much though! I just couldn't stop eating yesterday!
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    If i have no calories left for the day- i chew a sweet gum :) Helps with my craving.
  • chriscolh
    chriscolh Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Lots of good suggestions here! I have the most demanding sweet tooth. It gets especially grumpy in the early afternoon... I usually grab a crystal light energy drink packet and add it to my water bottle. (actually I use the Wal-Mart generic "great value" brand, either one satisfies that darn tooth) 10 calories, a little caffeine, some b vitamins, a little boost of energy for the mini-marathon of getting all my boys home from school and started on homework/soccer/swimming lessons/scouts, and sweet tooth quenched.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    sugar free popsicles, sugar free Jell-O, or gum.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    cocoa roast almonds
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    If I have calories left I'll head straight for the freezer for ice cream. Or maybe a cookie (:

If I've used all my calories it's a cup of tea. :sad:

I love your ticker art! Alex Grey, right?

OP- tea, and if you have the room for it, some honey or agave. OR, dark chocolate. I have a thing for Lindt- particularly the black currant bar. Each square is 50 calories, and sometimes, just one is enough to satisfy.
  • magaleemoose
    magaleemoose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If I have no calories left in the day, I brew a cup of Bengal Spice tea. If you let the tea bag sit in the cup as it cools, I swear it gets so spicy (cinnamon, ginger, cloves, etc.) that it tastes sweet. Very tasty!