ANY INTELLIGENT PEOPLE??????

Options

Replies

• leodora1
    leodora1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    As an over-analyzer myself, I get what you are saying. The essence of this topic; however, is to find the optimal way to consume appropriate minerals for the most efficient weight loss, muscle gain, and healthy lifestyle. I would postulate that the amount of analysis and anxiety created from overstating the importance of one mineral may be causing a rise your cortisol levels creating more health problems than the actual adjustment to this particular mineral. Be well, exercise, eat lots of colorful veggies, fruit, lean proteins, and skip the processed junk and include a multivitamin, fish oil, and probiotic and you will receive the essential nutrients for the healthiest diet and lifestyle. Check out this blog http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2014/04/03/lost-in-a-labyrinth-getting-healthy-isnt-a-straight-shot/#more-21502 as well as the site nerdfitness.com.

Your friend in over-analysis,
    Dora
    PhD Candidate
  • GenevieveRox
    GenevieveRox Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ok. I'm intelligent and did understand what you said. I've seen a dietitian and nothing has been focused on in regards to Phosphorous intake. I, however, think that most people could find that information by googling it. Of all the answers, I go back to the first page where the individual references a link (always verify your sources) but I believe that was the best info that could have been given. If you eat properly then phosphorous intake should be sufficient without supplementing it in to your diet. Good luck on your endeavors:smile:
  • coolblondenerd
    coolblondenerd Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    brad.jpg

“Check out the big brain on Brett. You one smart mother*!#$.”

You made me choke on my frozen yoghurt. Well done!

23199827.png
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

hahahaha. nice. reminds me of a fave limerick:

little Tommy took a drink
    but he will drink no more
    for what he thought was H2O
    was H2SO4

I used to do this demonstration with my chem classes:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqDHwd9rG0s

Really brings home the point, just cause it LOOKS like water, doesn't mean it IS water. It really is scary how many kids will just walk up and try to touch or taste something out of a beaker because the THINK they know what it is......

They're probably like me-- a little too trusting.

A couple of weeks ago my boss handed me something and said "eat this and tell me if you can tell what's in it-- it's something weird." I didn't even hesitate. As I was chewing I thought "this probably isn't a good way to be."

It was chocolate with bacon in it.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Smart_9919de_2555436.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

*throws desk across room* I can't see the damn gifs! What am I missing!!!!!:sad:

Picture this: A fuzzy white cat, wearing glasses and a bow tie, sits atop a desk, surrounded by various scientific accoutrements. with a black board in the background. In the foreground we read, "Two men walk into a bar. The first orders some H2O. The second says, 'Sounds good. I'll have some H2O too.' The second man dies."

welcome.gif

And that gif is Jack Sparrow holding out his hands and saying, "You're welcome." :tongue:

Ok, now someone explain to me why the school server blocks the gif with educational content and allows the jack sparrow gif.
    (I know it has to do with the source, just don't understand the logic....):grumble:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

was H2SO4

Really brings home the point, just cause it LOOKS like water, doesn't mean it IS water. It really is scary how many kids will just walk up and try to touch or taste something out of a beaker because the THINK they know what it is......

A couple of weeks ago my boss handed me something and said "eat this and tell me if you can tell what's in it-- it's something weird." I didn't even hesitate. As I was chewing I thought "this probably isn't a good way to be."

Hey from an evolutionary standpoint, being willing to try new things can be advantageous..... or very much not so..... looks like it worked well for you, this time.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Smart_9919de_2555436.jpg

*throws desk across room* I can't see the damn gifs! What am I missing!!!!!:sad:

Picture this: A fuzzy white cat, wearing glasses and a bow tie, sits atop a desk, surrounded by various scientific accoutrements. with a black board in the background. In the foreground we read, "Two men walk into a bar. The first orders some H2O. The second says, 'Sounds good. I'll have some H2O too.' The second man dies."

welcome.gif

And that gif is Jack Sparrow holding out his hands and saying, "You're welcome." :tongue:

Ok, now someone explain to me why the school server blocks the gif with educational content and allows the jack sparrow gif.
    (I know it has to do with the source, just don't understand the logic....):grumble:

Schools? Logic?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

was H2SO4

Hey from an evolutionary standpoint, being willing to try new things can be advantageous..... or very much not so..... looks like it worked well for you, this time.

:laugh:

I'm mostly only willing if it's food.

I'm the type of person who would have discovered that tomato plants are poisonous or that snakes taste like chicken.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I clicked the link thinking I was intelligent. Now, not so much.

I clicked thinking I was going to find a rant. Instead I found a backhandedly insulting title and post that says more about the OP than he probably realizes, which calls a certain something in the title into question.

I also found some responses that made me giggle. So I guess it's a win. :laugh:

ETA: and gifs. loves me some gifs.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    Smart_9919de_2555436.jpg

welcome.gif

Schools? Logic?

Ha! You're right, stupid question.
  • hellykill
    hellykill Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Smart_9919de_2555436.jpg

LMAO
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Smart_9919de_2555436.jpg

welcome.gif

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that some of the equations on the board behind the cat are fraught with error. It could be that the school is trying to preserve academic integrity by blocking it. As for Jack Sparrow, well.....Johnny Depp is effing adorable amirite?
  • sadiegirl32
    sadiegirl32 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    So, I got the joke about the H202 but what specifically does it make? Some type of acid?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    So, I got the joke about the H202 but what specifically does it make? Some type of acid?

It's Hydrogen Peroxide.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that some of the equations on the board behind the cat are fraught with error. It could be that the school is trying to preserve academic integrity by blocking it. As for Jack Sparrow, well.....Johnny Depp is effing adorable amirite?

But what does milk squared equal? I NEED TO KNOW!
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    As an attorney, I want to congratulate the OP in using so many words to say nothing. That is a skill usually reserved for those of us with a JD. Nice work!!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

You could be on to something here, no one should be denied a healthy dose of Johnny...

I answered that up thread, it equals really painful calcium deposits in your calf muscles.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options

Seriously? Bro, do you even dairy math? Milk squared = cheese. Milk cubed = cottage cheese. Milk/0 = out-of-date yogurt (that I'm probably gonna still eat anyway because who the hell has time to drive all the way to the store for just yogurt. amirite?)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    An ounce of pretension is worth a pound of manure. :smile: