Getting through the Holidays

Options
I ask you, am I crazy? I started this journey, purposely, on Thanksgiving Day. My objective was to get through the holiday season without gaining weight. I am NOT big-boned, just WAY to short for my weight (started at 300 lbs). I wasn’t thinking about any long-term goals, nor dare I say it, a DIET, just didn’t want to start the New Year OVER 300 LBS. I am happy to say that I have lost 10 lbs. so far but more importantly I am learning to eat better and have been planning for the inevitable bumps in the road; Thanksgiving Day, a trip to Outback Steak House, and Christmas Day, just to name a few.

I have traveled this road before unfortunately I allowed some insensitive woman at a weight watchers meeting to derail what I was doing. I am so tired of hearing about, “how easy it is for a man.” She’s fat because of her biology; I am fat because I made a choice to be. She’s stuck with it; but I look short and round, because I have chosen to do nothing about it. I guess those statements are half true; I am fat because I made a choice to eat everything I wanted to eat, and I am short and round because I have chosen to do nothing about it. But I have started, and I know that it’s going to take a very long time; but this time it feels like I am doing it the right way and that I have the tools to help me get there (to 175 lbs and beyond!).

I hope you feel good about what you are doing; I know that I do.

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,699 Member
    Options
    Are you crazy? You may well be, but you're in good company. Welcome. And Merry Christmas. :smile:
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I thnik we are all a little crazy, but at least we have others that are there with us...lol. I wish you all the luck in the world, getting to where you want to be. Welcome and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I started a week before Thanksgiving and actually lost 2lbs over the week of Thanksgiving!! I am hoping for that again over Christmas!!! :)
  • ketchuplover
    Options
    Merry Christmas :)
  • jmijares
    Options
    It's always hard to take that first step towards weight loss, but you made a good choice! Stick with it! And Merry Christmas!
  • kettajb
    Options
    Hello all,
    I hope you are all in good health and high spirits. I am Jeanene, and I am continuing my journey to great health. I am a 31 year old stay at ho e mommy of two boys, and I can't wait to get back in the gym - after my holiday hiatus!
  • ammp
    ammp Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's totally a biology thing. I know my breasts make me eat tons of carbs :laugh: Ironically, as I lose weight, I lose them too :sad:

Ahh well, forgot her and plug along. Then in 6 months, when she's blaming her XX chromosomes, just sit back and chuckle to yourself when your loggin weight lost and she's logging miles of mouthrunning.
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey!!! Don't let some small minded person get you down or get you off track. We are all here for you.