ANY INTELLIGENT PEOPLE??????

Options

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I like bacon, Dr Who and The Who ...... not necessarily in that order ...... but usually :drinker:
  • sadiegirl32
    sadiegirl32 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thanks amber!!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Thanks amber!!

Glad to help :wink:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    rdrr, oh wait, that's calculus.
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that some of the equations on the board behind the cat are fraught with error. It could be that the school is trying to preserve academic integrity by blocking it. As for Jack Sparrow, well.....Johnny Depp is effing adorable amirite?

But what does milk squared equal? I NEED TO KNOW!

Seriously? Bro, do you even dairy math? Milk squared = cheese. Milk cubed = cottage cheese. Milk/0 = out-of-date yogurt (that I'm probably gonna still eat anyway because who the hell has time to drive all the way to the store for just yogurt. amirite?)
    LUV IT!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SusanL222
    Options
    An ounce of pretension is worth a pound of manure. :smile:
    :love: :love: :love:
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    < Insert big word here >
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to gauge a response from those of you that find an analytical approach to a dietician’s analysis of prearranged phosphorous intake to be conducive to the actual dietary needs for most people. Specifically in regard to overincumbence of the minerals that relate to regular release function. After receiving a review from a professional and analyzing the input given i can't seem to grasp the approach as it was mentioned to me. I just struggle with straying from what has always been commonplace amongst what was always my understanding of the matter. Does anyone here have any background information or experience that would lend to this type of dietary regimen? I welcome any feedback especially any information conducive to aid in the overall understanding of such a wide ranging and changing topic.

Thanks.

so basically, you want to know how many calories in a slice of bacon. :huh:
  • BeccyGee
    BeccyGee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Replying to this thread is no way to gauge intelligence. I just wanted to point that out.

Agreed. And using lots of long words doesn't make you more intelligent than people who use short words. I prefer plain English myself.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Well I have a BS degree and I am pretty darn smart when it comes to learning other languages, or doing math, but I don't understand the OP's question so I guess I'm OH LOOK SOMETHING SHINY!!!!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about the role of phosphorus in the body.

Wikipedia is a good starting place though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphorus

Apparently an average adult human contains 0.7kg of phosphorus

And also apparently if you're getting enough protein in the diet you're getting enough phosphorus. Protein itself doesn't contain phosphorus, but high protein foods are also high in phosphorus.

The only thing I think of when I hear phosphorus in the body is my lessons on nitrogen and phosphorus cycling in aquariums.

I explain it to my student's this way:
    Lipids and Carbohydrates = Carbon Hydrogen Oxygen
    Proteins = add Nitrogen
    Nucleic Acids = add Phosphorus

So when it comes to elemental composition of the body it goes Oxygen, Carbon, Hydrogen, Nitrogen (calcium cause bones) then Phosphorus. So yea, VERY important, every single cell in every single organism requires it, but that also means that every single food you eat is going to have some, so generally, not an element you need to worry about getting enough of....

Aaaaand, I just nerded out on that, sorry.

That makes sense :) thanks for explaining :)
  • JackieRL55
    JackieRL55 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    confused.gif~original
  • neandermagnon
    Options

hahahaha. nice. reminds me of a fave limerick:

little Tommy took a drink
    but he will drink no more
    for what he thought was H2O
    was H2SO4

I used to do this demonstration with my chem classes:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqDHwd9rG0s

Really brings home the point, just cause it LOOKS like water, doesn't mean it IS water. It really is scary how many kids will just walk up and try to touch or taste something out of a beaker because the THINK they know what it is......

They're probably like me-- a little too trusting.

A couple of weeks ago my boss handed me something and said "eat this and tell me if you can tell what's in it-- it's something weird." I didn't even hesitate. As I was chewing I thought "this probably isn't a good way to be."

It was chocolate with bacon in it.

Hey from an evolutionary standpoint, being willing to try new things can be advantageous..... or very much not so..... looks like it worked well for you, this time.

if you have a whole tribe of Homo erectus people, and they find a new kind of berry or fungus and don't know if it's safe to eat, ..... one of them who's the most adventurous/impulsive/trusting tries it first, then if he drops dead the others don't eat it and the group survives

therefore this trait remains in the population in spite of it's potential detriment to the individual, because it increases the population's chance of survival
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hang on, I just need to look up "overincumbence" in the dictionary.....

google 'overincumbence' and you get one result :laugh:

Okay, folks, I'm sitting here in my very quiet, serious office, hiding my face behind a handful of papers so my co-workers can't see me cracking up! OMG you all made my day! But I have to say this reply takes the cake. Google it. Please! (Yeah, I'm a nerd and actually Googled it and about peed my pants!)
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    Hang on, I just need to look up "overincumbence" in the dictionary.....

google 'overincumbence' and you get one result :laugh:

Okay, folks, I'm sitting here in my very quiet, serious office, hiding my face behind a handful of papers so my co-workers can't see me cracking up! OMG you all made my day! But I have to say this reply takes the cake. Google it. Please! (Yeah, I'm a nerd and actually Googled it and about peed my pants!)

:laugh:
  • paulszkibik
    Options
    thesaurus.com must have gone offline to cool down their servers after he finished writing that... question.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking OP parsed something through a gobbledegook generator.

Lets see if we can't translate it back to regular English?
    I was hoping to gauge a response from those of you that find an analytical approach to a dietician’s analysis of prearranged phosphorous intake to be conducive to the actual dietary needs for most people.
    Do any of you know how much phosphorous I need?
    Specifically in regard to overincumbence of the minerals that relate to regular release function.
    How much should I eat?
    After receiving a review from a professional and analyzing the input given i can't seem to grasp the approach as it was mentioned to me.
    I got a report from my dietician and it doesn't make sense.
    I just struggle with straying from what has always been commonplace amongst what was always my understanding of the matter.
    No, seriously, it doesn't make sense.
    Does anyone here have any background information or experience that would lend to this type of dietary regimen?
    Anyone know what I should do?
    I welcome any feedback especially any information conducive to aid in the overall understanding of such a wide ranging and changing topic.
    This is really confusing! Please help!
    Thanks.
    Thanks.
  • SusanL222
    Options
    OMG!.....you just never know what thread will rule the day! OP, Congrats! Today you take the cake! This one's for you!! :bigsmile: : http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1248430-chocolate-cake-for-sweet-tooth-lol
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

was H2SO4

Really brings home the point, just cause it LOOKS like water, doesn't mean it IS water. It really is scary how many kids will just walk up and try to touch or taste something out of a beaker because the THINK they know what it is......

A couple of weeks ago my boss handed me something and said "eat this and tell me if you can tell what's in it-- it's something weird." I didn't even hesitate. As I was chewing I thought "this probably isn't a good way to be."

Hey from an evolutionary standpoint, being willing to try new things can be advantageous..... or very much not so..... looks like it worked well for you, this time.

if you have a whole tribe of Homo erectus people, and they find a new kind of berry or fungus and don't know if it's safe to eat, ..... one of them who's the most adventurous/impulsive/trusting tries it first, then if he drops dead the others don't eat it and the group survives

therefore this trait remains in the population in spite of it's potential detriment to the individual, because it increases the population's chance of survival

Also, with social interaction and game theory, if the individual does survive, they could potentially reap social benefits, and if they don't survive, they have at least increase the likelihood of survival for family members who carry at least some of the same genes.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options

was H2SO4

Also, with social interaction and game theory, if the individual does survive, they could potentially reap social benefits, and if they don't survive, they have at least increase the likelihood of survival for family members who carry at least some of the same genes.
    So true.