How long are you in the gym for??

Options
13»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    90-120 minutes including warm up. No cardio.

that- I don't do cardio at the gym unless I'm working on dance project stuff.
  • chadtruitt
    Options
    45-60 min
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    one hour each day during the week
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    45-60 mins (15-20 sets 5-8 rep range) on my own. With my personal trainer it's 35-45 mins (30+ sets 8-12 rep range with active recovery). My runs are normally 30-35 mins.

My trainer can have me completely spent, doubled-over and gasping for breath in 20 mins.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Staring Strength program; it's very fast at 30-40 minutes in and out, including warm ups.
  • truebrew
    truebrew Posts: 33
    Options
    Well, I have a routine that I rarely deviate from. So it means my time in the gym is almost always the same ........about 2 hours. And I notice a lot of the same people who are in there when I am and many for about the same time. You know, you see the same people in there while you are there. I'm at the gym 6 days a week. Saturdays I take off........the Sabbath.
  • tziol
    tziol Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    45 mins cardio before breakfast or after weights workout and weights workout 45 mins
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    The whole time.
  • xero2099
    xero2099 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Including changing and shower time I am spend about an hour at the gym
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Weights: 35-45 mins Mon-Thurs; 60 mins Sat
  • HopeNShelton
    HopeNShelton Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I usually go everyday but this week I didnt go at all..... I need to get my butt back in there :sad:
  • felonebeats
    felonebeats Posts: 433
    Options
    Mon-Fri 90 mins
  • felonebeats
    felonebeats Posts: 433
    Options
    No cardio just high volume weightlifting with 15 secs between sets
  • Sporttster
    Sporttster Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 45min to hour and a half, depending on whether I'm combining strength and cardio or lots of cardio with a bit of strength. Just finished six days straight. Haven't worked out in quite awhile so I'm trying to get it going and make things happen. Hard to imagine getting any results only doing two or three times a week. Used to have 'six pack' abs, cut pretty nice ages ago and remember going almost every day to get em. Now I'm just trying to trim the '24 pack' down to flat again. Hard work. But I am absolutely determined to have a flat stomach again. Nothing will stop me, I'm done with seeing that stupid bulge around the waistline! I'm also noticed at the gym, Planet Fitness btw, that too many people just take a laze faire attitude towards working out. Me, I'm pushing hard and trying to make gains. Too many are just going through the motions. Why bother if you don't want to put in any effort? Just stay home IMO.
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    it depends - when I am not training for something - no more than hour if I`m doing weights - I work with a trainer so the work out is quite focused, or 45 mins of cardio

I just got back onto a cycle of training for my next lifting event so as of this week the intensity has been upped - it will be 3 days a week of specific training for the event of 30 - 60 mins and 45 mins cardio and 2 days a week of general lifting and 1 day a week 1 hour cardio - I would never be putting that much time in if I wasn`t working toward a competition -
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I usually train for about 2 hours on lower body and strongman events days but upper body days only take about 45min to an hour because I don't need as long to recover between sets.
  • Woodspoon
    Woodspoon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    At least 2 hours 3 times a week for cardio
    Tues, Thurs & Sat then any weight work on the inbetween days if I feel like it
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    30 to 45 minutes on the days that I lift(Mon, Wed, Fri) and 1 to 2.5 hours (Tue, Thur, Sat) on the days I do cardio.
  • dso122783
    dso122783 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you are pressed for time look into doing barbell complexes, battle ropes, etc. You can get an awesome cardio workout in about half the time as a treadmill or elliptical.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    About an hour on weights days (three days/week) and about... 30-40 minutes on my yoga day.