Herbalife criminal activity?

Options
jonnythan
jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/11/5605694/fbi-and-doj-open-investigation-into-alleged-pyramid-scheme-herbalife

"Herbalife, a Los Angeles-based company that sells nutritional shakes and supplements through a network of millions of distributors, is now reportedly under criminal investigation by the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation."

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I'd love to see it go under and be one less money pit out to rob and confuse people.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    dun+dun+duuuun+stunned+face.png
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Well damn.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Damn.gif
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    dun+dun+duuuun+stunned+face.png

Beat me to it! I was going to say this.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    /me isn't a lawyer but wonders if this makes independent representatives for the company potential "accomplices".

:huh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    /me isn't a lawyer but wonders if this makes independent representatives for the company potential "accomplices".

:huh:

post-18125-senor-chang-oh-snap-gif-sPWY.gif
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I think the headline said it all "After years of rumors and accusations by Wall Street tycoons, the feds are finally taking a hard look at Herbalife" Wall Street?! Who the heck has respect for them??? Wasn't the banks and Wallstreet that broke the economy?

more into the article it states "Herbalife have spent spent heavily on lobbying in recent years, with Herbalife contributing far more in total." Maybe they were lobbying with the Republicans and now Holder has to investigate someone, something, ANYTHING so things like The fast and the Furious, The Black Panther intimidation, Benghazi, IRS scandal, NSA scandals, Gibson Guitar intimidation, Obamacare, and recent comments insinuating racism and "Dont go there" can be swept under the carpet. Unfortunately when the carpet is lifted up one of the bugs come running out.

BTW, I am not a Herbalife user, nor care either way about Herbalife.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I remember thinking they were a pyramid scheme back in the 90s, and it sketched my mom out in the 80s. This isn't a surprise one bit or byte.
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Wow hahaha
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    oh shoot! it's an LA based company? shudder to think what this will do to socals GNP status? wonder if it was up there with wine, herbs, herb, and other agriculture

we needs our fancy cop cars and pretty freeways around here.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Sweet! Where's that Daniel Bryan YES gif when I need it...