Success Pics and Question

Options
A brief history. I started off at about 340. With out getting into the gritty details, I decided it was time for some life changes and started going for walks. After a few months of walking, I noticed I was starting to lose a few pounds. Once I started losing a few pounds, I wanted to see what would happen if I started eating a little better. Even more pounds came off. At that point, I put my mind to it. This first image is at about 270.

dancropped.jpg

As I progressed, I eventually made it all the way down to 201. I maintained 201 for about 3 months. I stuck with cardio, did a little circuit weights to maintain fitness. January 2014, I decided I was going to try a bulking stage. I wanted to fill in some of the excess skin with some of those muscley things. I don't want to me lean, I don't want to be a 4% body builder, I just want to look fit and bulky.

After three months of bulking, these images are the results.

IMAG0405.jpg
IMAG0404.jpg

I put on about 13 pounds during the bulking stage. Psychologically, that was really tough on me. Being big for so long and losing all the weight, seeing that number go up was not pleasant. However, I knew it was part of my goals, and I was eating as clean as I could with out being completely unrealistic about it.

I am back to a "cutting" stage and really, cutting is not a completely accurate term, I and just trying to trim some of the belly fat away. As you can see, the belly area is still not pleasant to look at.

Now, to the question I promised. With all the success you guys have had here, have you had difficulties with the super loose skin from being bigger? I have had a few body fat tests and I am between 17% and 20%, which seems right for everywhere except for the belly region. It is hangy and jiggily. (apologies for the terrible imagery there).

I have tried looking up stuff on line and get all kinds of mixed responses... but I was hoping some people here who has actually experienced this had some good advice!

Replies

• SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Fantastic transformation, congrats on your success!!. Sorry no insight for your question.
  • strutdivastrut
    strutdivastrut Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    NIce
  • 1swolpanda
    1swolpanda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    i actually was having the same problems with mine from being bigger, what seemer to help out mine alot was making sure to keep the skin hydrated, i used coconut oil, i put it on and then put a stomach wrap over my mid section when i do workouts so it keeps the skin hydrated, then when i get home i put some on after the shower, it helps hydrate the skin and tightens it up without dehydrating it
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    You look so awesome!!! Congratulations!!
  • Cairine63
    Cairine63 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good thing you are wearing the same neck chain or you wouldn't be recognizable from one picture to the next!
  • winonavampire
    winonavampire Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank You everyone!

re: The body wraps, I have read about them. How well do you think they worked? They always kinda seemed like "As Seen on TV: Magic"...
  • bhdon
    bhdon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    From what I've read on this, It can take up to two years for you to see this resolve. Although if you were overweight for many years, it may not fully resolve. There is surgery for this - but personally I would consider it as a very last resort, as surgery always carries risks. I'd wait a couple years and see if you can be okay with what you find then.
  • coquinat
    coquinat Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. I have extra skin.. it can be really frustrating.. I still have a lot of weight to lose to be where I want to be, but I imagine that I will need a surgery to remove the leftover skin from my arms and abdominal area. I'm interested in non surgery options too because I would like to avoid going under a knife if possible!
  • HipsterGuy33
    Options
    I used to be 197, down to 165 after a year and a half of working at it. Current status pic I just posted.
  • MrsCZM138
    MrsCZM138 Posts: 116
    Options
    You look great! Amazing job!
  • winonavampire
    Options
    I agree, surgery is not an option. I had two torn ACL reconstruction surgeries last year, and that is enough for me. I don't have any asperations of having a six pack (really, I don't even want that look)... I just want a little less floppyness.

I'm patient if all it takes time... I was just hopeing there was something else I could be doing.

I'm really appreciating all the feedback!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! You look great! From what i have seen posted in the forums before the loose skin will tighten up some eventually over time. The hydration and wraps may help some with the appearance but not sure. But I have to say the loose skin doesn't take away from your success! :flowerforyou:
  • jrfit79
    jrfit79 Posts: 30
    Options
    My honest opinion is that surgery would be the only permanent option to get rid of the skin, non-permanent option is to wear compression clothing when exercising or under clothes. Great job on all of your hard work! If you live in Ontario Canada skin removal surgery can be covered by the provincial health insurance plan.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Maybe those it works wraps would work? I know that's their whole thing "Tighter firm and tone" or whatever... But I think they have stuff for stretch marks and lose skin as well. Not sure... Just an option that might be worth looking into if the 'patience' part doesn't pay off too well.
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You look great/
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Skin that has fully lost its elasticity will not tighten, although you may see improvement with consistent weight training.

I lost over 100lbs and had my lower ab excess skin removed by surgery.

A
  • winonavampire
    Options
    Okay. Thanks for the input. Here's hoping I haven't lost all the elasticity!
  • perfectlytrained
    perfectlytrained Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    3 years ago, my guy lost over 100 lbs with diet and cardio alone.... That left him with A Lot of loose skin... he's been lifting for a year now (and looks awesome), and that loose skin is almost non-existent. The stomach area is where he has the tiniest smidge of loose skin left, but it's not visibly noticeable. I feel it during massages and that's about it.

So keep with the lifting, OP, and be patient. It gets better
  • winonavampire
    Options
    Thanks for the great news! Ima keep hitting dat gym!
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I agree, surgery is not an option. I had two torn ACL reconstruction surgeries last year, and that is enough for me. I don't have any asperations of having a six pack (really, I don't even want that look)... I just want a little less floppyness.

I'm patient if all it takes time... I was just hopeing there was something else I could be doing.

I'm really appreciating all the feedback!
    I'll disagree w/ your statement about not wanting a 6 pac. You look amazing and a 6 pac would be the icing on the cake so to speak. Congrats
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!