I lost my nephew! (progress pictures)

Options
CoryIda
CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
After Christmas dinner today, my sister and I went in the backyard to play with our children. A few moments later, Ayla (my sister), said “Hey, Cory – go pick Cray up and hand me your camera.”
Puzzled, I nonetheless went to my nephew, picked him up, and smiled for the camera. Why did she do this? Because Cray (my nephew) weighs approximately 40 pounds – the same amount of weight I’ve lost in the past 3-ish months. That’s right. I’ve lost my nephew.

lostnephew-1.jpg
When I got home, I started looking through pictures from before I “lost my nephew” in fat. Here is a picture of my mom and I from about a year ago and another from today.
MomComparison-1.jpg
And here’s one of my sister and I, just at the beginning of this weight loss journey, and another taken today:
sisters-1.jpg
My hubby and I last December and again today:
hubbycomparison-1.jpg
Finally, a side view. Two years ago side view and again last weekend:
40lbs2.jpg
My own son is approximately 100 pounds, which is my ultimate goal. So instead of losing my nephew, I would like to lose my son by the time I am done.

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Aww congrats you look great keep up the good work and I wish you much success in the New year!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Ok, finally got the pictures to work.
  • toludc
    toludc Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Way to go! 40lbs in 3 months is awesome
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look like a totally different person. Keep up the good work!
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    You look great. Way to go.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    You are so strong:wink: ,you can do anything!
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    aww men, u scared me when u said u lost ur nephew. I am glad u mean ur nephews weight :-). congratulations, u look good
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's truly amazing when you can really FEEL how much you are losing!!!
  • CGade
    CGade Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You look BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations and keep up the good work!
  • cagirl
    cagirl Posts: 23
    Options
    You look amazing! Keep up the good work. What a shock it is when we actually lift up something that equals our weight loss. Hopefully it made you feel so good. So proud of you!! :flowerforyou:
  • giventofly__
    giventofly__ Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Baby_Belles
    Options
    This is so amazing and crazy to see a year gone by. Congrats on all your hard work and keep on working lady! You've done an amazing job! :}
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are right on your way, and look awesome.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    You look great! Great job!~

What always amazes me in these shots is the confidence I see in the eyes, the nicer skin from water and less junk food, the lovely bone structure coming to light.

You were beautiful before, and you are healthier now! WOOT!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Amazing! That's awesome!
  • itsbella
    itsbella Posts: 1,101
    Options
    Nicely done Cory!
  • hannah00momo00
    Options
    You look beautiful! congrats!
  • whetzel3141
    Options
    WOW! You are truly an inspiration. It is hard to fathom that 40 lbs, but when you actually compare it to something that actually weighs the same, it puts it into prospective. You are doing an amazing job. I too have 100 lbs to lose and I have lost 20 since end of Sept, but it is slow going. I know someday I will get there like you are doing. Congratulations!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Looking great!! :bigsmile: I bet you are feeling great, too! You can definitely see the change in you, as well as your other family members. Looks like your mom, sis and hubby are making changes too! Way to go!!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    You are looking amazing!! Thank you for posting this! I love seeing results, it's such a huge motivator. Not only have you changed your lifestyle for the better, it looks like hubby is changing too! That is truely awesome! Now you two can be around for eachother even longer and that is the greatest gift you can give yourselves!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!