Finally losing again!!

Options
Jennifer076
Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
I have been on a plateau for quite awhile now, bouncing up and down by a few pounds but never could break below the 180 mark, very frustrating. I was truly believing that I wasn't going to lose anymore weight, which was getting the best of me and I was giving up slowly. I had talked to my cousin about the low carb diet that he is on and thought forget that, that sounds too hard. 20 or less cards a day that's impossible, especially when I was eating close to 100 a day. Well to make a long story short, I decided to start doing the low carb diet last Monday and I am glad I did. It is challenging at first, but it is getting easier. I have broke the plateau and have lost 3.2lbs since Monday and I am feeling great. I know it's only 3.2lbs but it's huge to me. This is the change my body needed to start losing again. A huge thank you to Jim & Monica for helping me do this.

Replies

• AllisonB145
    AllisonB145 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this Jennifer076, I am in a weight loss challenge at work right now and was doing great dropping 3 lbs every week. However the last 3 weeks I have plateaued and with only 2 weeks left and about 8 lbs to go I need to change something. I'm going to do some research and look into this.

Best of Luck on your weight loss journey!
  • momofGD
    momofGD Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Great job not giving up! I just broke my plateau this week too. I lost 87 lbs and my weight stopped for a month. I upped my calorie intake and the weight is melting off again!!!
  • rrloos
    rrloos Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

Ugh, for me. I am at about three weeks now, bouncing between 180 and 182, and I cannot seem to get below 180! I know it's me and I just need to be more diligent, but I am really losing hope. I eat between 1200 and 1600 calories a day an log everything, but it's really disheartening.

Keep up the good work! You inspired me today to hang in there. Thanks!

Rita
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!