Seeing changes but waist measures the same

Options
Hey everyone, this is just a doubt that I have. I have been losing at a steady rate of about 2 pounds/month since November, but I am concentrating mainly on losing fat. So I do heavy weights 2x a week, my cardio is on fat burning mode, etc. I'm trying to keep as much muscle as I can, and I hope this is one of the reasons why the scale doesn't move that fast.
I have been seeing constant changes in my body; my arms and legs have never been this defined (still a long way to work, but this is a milestone!). In the first 2 months, I lost 2 inches off of my waist. In these last 3-4 months, I have lost maaaaybe half an inch, if anything. I got my body fat measured, and I lost a good amount from arms/legs/side of the abdomen, but the waist/low ab area still has a lot of fat. I know we can't lose fat only on a specific place, but just wondering if this is common/expected, or if this means that's where I store my old fat and it's going to take months to lose it?

Replies

• tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options
    It really depends on how much fat you have to lose and where you store fat first. I store it in my waist and hips first and it was the last to go. I didn't see changes to that area until I was very close to my goal weight (within the last five pounds). Just keep doing what you are doing and in time, you will see results! Patience is the hardest muscle to exercise!!
  • DudeistPriest
    DudeistPriest Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    The body uses theses fat stores last. IMHO it might have something to do with the fact that this is the same general area as the reproductive organs are kept. Left over caveman stuff?
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options
    The body uses theses fat stores last. IMHO it might have something to do with the fact that this is the same general area as the reproductive organs are kept. Left over caveman stuff?

I read somewhere a long time ago that a women's body naturally wants to store approximately one pound of fat on the hip and waist region for the purpose of making sure there is enough fat on the body to make an infant's brain, should the woman conceive a child. I never researched this claim to see if science backs it so it could be complete nonsense. But it makes sense to me!