No Alcohol April

Options

Replies

• mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing on this challenge? I almost caved on Saturday when hubby was on duty, and the kids were in bed, I heard the Apple Twisted Gin calling me from the cabinet, but I told it to shut up and went to bed instead. At least I'll be getting a lot more sleep! :ohwell:
  • lraymond14
    lraymond14 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was able to get through the weekend but only because I had a stomach bug.
  • arios952013
    arios952013 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was good - one day down! :smile:
  • scuttlez
    scuttlez Posts: 51
    Options
    Works for me. The 30th will mark one year of sobriety for me. Woohooo!
  • magcowling
    magcowling Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feeling really pleased, resisted for 7 days. :smile: Thanks to all for the encouragement.
  • Ebcanada
    Ebcanada Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Its funny I just found this as I started a 30 day no drinking run on April 1 myself. I've done this a few times over the last 2 years and I will say it definitely makes a difference to my body! I have before and after pictures of the first time I went 30 days w/o drinking and they are astounding! My profile pic is the after. In addition to weight loss I've noticed gains in my running too. To be fair to the ones that log their drinks...I was a bottle of wine a night guy and no matter how well one eats through the day that will blow your calories out of the water for the day. I would like to walk away from it permanently someday, but I don't know if Im ready for that yet. So I'm in and hats off the others on board. Im excited to hear the stories.
  • StevenDeCord
    StevenDeCord Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    July 1st of last year I gave up a daily whiskey habit (20+ years) and the weight literally flew off!!! It was tough, but now, 10 months later, it is worth the money I save each month, the lost weight and the elimination of the morning hangover/sluggishness...When you realize that society has brainwashed us into believing that alcohol is good for you, tastes good and makes you sociable, etc...and see alcohol for what it truly is, a highly addictive, horrible tasting poison, you will stop drinking...I mean really, does alcohol taste good? Do you have to "acquire" a taste for ice cream? I don't think so....Plus, is it a poison? Well, if you drink 100% pure alcohol you will die...Does it make you more sociable? Well, if you call not being able to remember what you did the night before more sociable, then I guess so...Plus, that "high" you get from alcohol is actually from the fact that alcohol is destroying your brain cells....There is a book I read which helped me to realize that I no longer wanted alcohol in my life, and it presented this "brainwashing" theory, which is true...It is called "The Easy Way to Control Alcohol"...Abstinence IS the easy way...Good luck everyone!
  • Foreverfitnow
    Foreverfitnow Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am starting a 21-day "cleanse" tomorrow and alcohol is not allowed on it, of course. I do like my red wine and generally have a glass or two a day. I have gone alcohol free before and know that the first week is difficult, if for no other reason than the psychological pull (when it's time to relax=wine). Once I get into my routine of having herbal tea in the evening, I don't miss the wine at all. So, yes I'm in, albeit a late start.
  • Wyldeyez2
    Wyldeyez2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's not going to be easy but the results will be worth it.
  • margav
    margav Posts: 4
    Options
    I coincidentally started a "no alcohol 2 month resolution" on April 1st to lose some extra weight for my wedding. I don't have a whole lot to go, but alcohol is very much in my way. It's the couple hundred extra calories, sure, but also because I lose my inhibitions after a drink and then I also eat more calories. Sure enough, after being on a plateau for a while, I am now losing again. Good luck all!
  • ktorgers99
    ktorgers99 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well, time has certainly slowed since the start of this challenge, but so far, so good. We can do it.............
  • tlc4ever
    tlc4ever Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I went to lunch today with my girls and only ordered water. I realize I mostly drink from habit. I order one when I go out to eat because it's what we do, not that I actually want one.

Of course there are days I do want one, but so far this week I haven't. I have been exercising regularly so maybe that has beat the stress I usually relieved with a drink. So not only am I not consuming calories, but I'm burning more too. :)
  • california_haley
    california_haley Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    lol im in but ive been sober for a good 8 months already. being pregnant does that to someone.
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot about this, I haven't had a drink.
    my lifestyle does not lend itself to drinking anyway. Friday (my only night off) I went to the gym... I don't know when I became 'that person' but it seems to have happened.
  • fragileelegance
    fragileelegance Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It's the weekend again :( Still haven't had any drinks though, so proud of myself so far!
  • zivasak
    zivasak Posts: 88
    Options
    Friday and Saturday without a drink! Looking good!
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Since I'm starting in the middle of the month I'm going to go throughout May as well.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    haha sorry. I totally forgot I was doing this.
  • ktorgers99
    ktorgers99 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well,day 13 is a little tough but glad to be taking the break.
  • MaddieCakes06
    MaddieCakes06 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Two weekends down, two more to go!

After two weeks of working my *kitten* off at the gym during the weekend and sticking to a healthy plan on weekends, I'm so happy to have lost 2.5 pounds! Usually I do great during the week and lose any and all progress on weekends because I drink then eat too much.

Hope you ladies are having some success as well!