This feels like success to me!

Options
olive_26
olive_26 Posts: 14 Member
When I first started this journey all I cared about was the number on the scale. I didn't know about fitness and nutrition and did not think I'd ever truly enjoy exercise, let alone strength training! Once I learned and understood that the reason I always looked so flabby had more to do with body fat% than weight I changed my goals.

I was what you'd call 'skinny fat' and so I started focussing on body weight exercises rather than over doing the cardio and I am proud to say that my body fat percentage is down by 5% and I have never felt or looked better in my life. I actually feel strong! A couple of months ago I would have laughed at you if you'd told me I would actually enjoy doing push ups, or that it was even possible for me to actually do a push up!!!

Anyway, seeing a change in my body (and feeling that change too) feels like a small success which I wanted to share with everyone

Replies

• bkRaeLynn
    bkRaeLynn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Great work I bet you feel amazing
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic change in mindset; health is so much more than the number on the scale.
  • drattedfatbody52
    Options
    This is great for you. Be sure to find a way to celebrate all of your small successes along the way to achieving your goal so that you enjoy the positive reinforcement during the process.
  • olive_26
    olive_26 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is great for you. Be sure to find a way to celebrate all of your small successes along the way to achieving your goal so that you enjoy the positive reinforcement during the process.

I'm going to buy myself a nice new pair of jeans :smile: , the ones I have are falling off me now!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!