Staying motivated and gaining

Options
I joined myfitnesspal last month and since then I have committed to working out more. But it seems the more I work out the more I want to eat and when I get on the scale the pounds are going up not down. I'm trying to stay motivated but it is discouraging when I feel I'm putting forth an effort but not seeing any results. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get over this. I have 80 pounds to lose and I don't want to quit. :sad:

Replies

• vdavenport
    vdavenport Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I joined myfitnesspal last month and since then I have committed to working out more. But it seems the more I work out the more I want to eat and when I get on the scale the pounds are going up not down. I'm trying to stay motivated but it is discouraging when I feel I'm putting forth an effort but not seeing any results. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get over this. I have 80 pounds to lose and I don't want to quit. :sad:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    hmmm. Make sure you document everything you eat. You also may be gaining muscle weight...see if your local gym can do one of those fat caliper tests. I would also stay away from the scale for two weeks, do it religiously, and go by how your clothes fit. If that doesn't work, visit the doc. Maybe she can prescribe something....I know. Losing weight sucks.
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry :cry:

Are you doing the following:

1) Log it BEFORE you eat it, this can help you make wise choices :tongue:
    2) Weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:

If not try it for a week and I feel you'll see a difference :flowerforyou:

Wishing you much success you CAN do it :drinker:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Can you share your information with us and maybe we can find ways to help you change it up a bit? Have you taken your measurements? I wish I had on day one, that would have made it easier through "non-losing" times. I did have a pair of jeans which I would try on and that was GREAT motivation when I was losing inches only! Maybe this will be good for you to keep handy also?

What are your foods for the day?

How many calories for each time of the day? (I had to add more calories in the AM because I had too many left over at night.)

How many workout calories are you earning?

How many workout calories are you eating?

How often are you working out?

What is your goal set at right now?

How much water are you drinking?

Maybe this will generate some ideas! Keep up the great work and motivation girlie! The hardest part is just committing to it and keeping yourself going through the tougher times! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • vdavenport
    vdavenport Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    After reading your suggestions on recording everything, I recorded EVERYTHING. I noticed I was under on calories but I ate no vegetables or fruit and only 2 glasses of water today. I guess one of my downfalls in the past was not recording everything. When recording I can see what I did wrong and what corrections I need to make. So tomorrow my goal will be to get in more water and make sure I eat my fruits and vegetables. Thanks for all of your suggestions :noway:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    After reading your suggestions on recording everything, I recorded EVERYTHING. I noticed I was under on calories but I ate no vegetables or fruit and only 2 glasses of water today. I guess one of my downfalls in the past was not recording everything. When recording I can see what I did wrong and what corrections I need to make. So tomorrow my goal will be to get in more water and make sure I eat my fruits and vegetables. Thanks for all of your suggestions :noway:

So how did your day go with your changes? Glad you were able to look through and find a few funky spots!