Why dont we tip flight attendants?

Options
They're basically waitresses in the sky and their job is a lot harder than people who work in restaurants, and yet no one tips them.

Replies

• mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    They also get paid a lot more than a waitress normally would.

Plus Travel and Per Diem
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    They get paid a heck of lot more than $4.00/hr, that's why.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I tried.
    She wasn't interested.
  • christy33flygirl
    christy33flygirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's against the rules! Sometimes we would like to take them! Thanks for offering! :)
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Because if you tip them on the sides, how the hell do you expect to get those little bottles of vodka?! :angry: :angry: :angry:
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My niece is a flight attendant and she makes a good living. It's a hard job, but she gets a lot of perks too, like free tickets and discounts on food and lodging when she goes on vacations. She's vacationed in places most people only dream about.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Hair stylists are pretty paid depending on their talent and area but they're tipped.
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Like all of us that go to work they get a pay check at the end of the week.
  • bjg2993
    bjg2993 Posts: 107
    Options
    Tipping etiquette varies greatly worldwide so it would be pretty confusing - it's most likely a mixture of that and because flight attendants get paid a fair amount more than US servers.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Hair stylists are pretty paid depending on their talent and area but they're tipped.

Hair stylists around here are not paid, they have to pay to rent the chair they work in. They are considered independent contractors.
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    I'm always giving them helpful tips like if you were a stripper instead of a flight attendant I'd be giving you dollars right now.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    This is one of the best ways you can tip a flight attendant, gate agent, booking / ticketing agent, or pilot (or anyone else that works for the airline)

https://www.usairways.com/en-US/dividendmiles/preferred/aboveandbeyond.html

I'm sure each airline has something similar.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Hair stylists are pretty paid bepending on their talent and area but they're tipped.

Hair stylists around here are not paid, they have to pay to rent the chair they work in. They are considered independent contractors.

:P, sadly I look at 400-500 per trip, been through 4 stylists, all the same rate. I might have really bad hair though, so there's that.

...or I'm their only client
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is a flight attendant. He is living the life I tell you. Travels around the world, stays at really nice hotels. Posts cool beach pictures every week on his facebook page (I hate him). Heck, he even gets to go to my home town more than I do. He has a university degree yet this is the job he chose and loves. I think the airline has him covered. He certainly isn't complaining.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    you AGAIN?