Only successful when husband is gone

Options
Hello everyone. I'm kind of frustrated with my weight loss. I can only ever manage to lose weight when my husband away doing training or deployed for long periods of time. He is very in shape and active, but for some reason I don't stay active when he's here.

Does anyone else have this issue or has worked through this issue?

Replies

• bestmeicanbe84
    bestmeicanbe84 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I definitely understand how you feel. My hubby is in great shape and very motivating but it is so much harder when he is home. I really just have to stay focused on my goals. He will do workouts with me even though I'm in such horrible shape that I can barely complete it. It's nice to have someone in your corner though.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    What is different when he's in town? Do you feel like you need to be with him all the time because you don't have the option when he's gone? If so look for activities you can do together. If he is willing to workout with you, that is great. You don't have to keep up with him. Do some things together - but its ok to have some time to yourself. Maybe even a good thing!

I have a crazy schedule and there is not much time that the family is all home at the same time. So I feel awkward taking time away from that. My fix? I got a mini-trampoline. I can bring it into the living and run in place on it (great cardio, easy on the knees) while watching tv.
  • sarahm1219
    sarahm1219 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I can loose weight like its no ones business when he is gone, and turn around and do the same workouts and eat the same way when he is home and don't drop weight, or if i do its minimal. I haven't figured out what it is but I really hate that its this way. Hopefully by doing p90x3 will help me =)
  • twinlikeme
    twinlikeme Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    As a military wife, I completely understand where you're coming from! When DH is away, I'm fine with just restricting my diet. When he's home, we like to cook. And it's never really all that healthy. He wants to take me to dinner. I don't want to eat fish or brown rice at a restaurant. I want spinach dip and chicken fried steak darn it. Sue me. I feel like I turn down dates which is no fun because I know I will have to make a decision I don't want to make. It's easier to give in it seems, especially when your spouse doesn't have a weight issue. Talk to your husband. Make him help you with this journey!