Options

Replies

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    1. How much weight have you lost?150
    2. What did you start at? 300lb
    3. How tall are you?5'5
    4. How many calories did you eat daily? (approx) pretty low calorie , fixing that now
    5. How often did you exercise and how long? Were weights included? 5 days a week -hour/hour 1/2
    6. How long did it take you to lose that much weight? year and a couple months
  • earlybrd7
    earlybrd7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    1. How much weight have you lost? -- so far, 15 lbs
    2. What did you start at? -- 160 lbs
    3. How tall are you? -- 5'6"
    4. How many calories did you eat daily? (approx) -- anywhere from 1200 - 1400 cals
    5. How often did you exercise and how long? Were weights included? -- 3 to 4x a week, average about 40-45 mins
    6. How long did it take you to lose that much weight? -- 2 months
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I hope you don't mind me asking but I think this will actually help me, maybe others too.

1. How much weight have you lost?
    2. What did you start at?
    3. How tall are you?
    4. How many calories did you eat daily? (approx)
    5. How often did you exercise and how long? Were weights included?
    6. How long did it take you to lose that much weight?

Thank you! :flowerforyou:

1. 33 pounds
    2. 136 to 103
    3. 5'1"
    4. 1250, now at 1400
    5. 4-5 times a week: treadmill, bike, fitness trampoline, fitness ball, hand weights
    6. achieved goal in 6 months, been on maintenance: 16 months
  • farewell_friend
    farewell_friend Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I hope you don't mind me asking but I think this will actually help me, maybe others too.

3. How tall are you?

1. Overall? About 48 lbs; part of the weight loss occurred without much effort on my part and over the course of about three years.
    2. I remember my highest being 164, I have no idea if I ever got any higher than that.
    3. Somewhere between 5'3" and 5'4"
    4. It varies, but I attempt to "close" everyday (as I call it) under 600 calories. That's including exercise.
    5. That also varies (at one point I was doing cardio for hours at a time), but typically now I aim for 24-50 mins, with 24 being the absolute least acceptable and 48 being much better. I use a stationary bike and I do not lift weights. I aim for five days a week at least, but I don't always succeed in carrying that out.
    6. Like I said, part of the weight loss came with little effort on my part (some weight I lost when I was on ADHD medication, which I stopped taking a long time ago); however, this final push to lose weight is being very difficult for me, as expected. But I'm not giving up. I'd like to lose another 7 pounds, at least.
  • cowgirlqueen
    cowgirlqueen Posts: 466 Member
    Options

3. How tall are you?

1. How much weight have you lost? since mfp 7 lbs
    2. What did you start at? 187
    3. How tall are you? 5'7.5
    4. How many calories did you eat daily? (approx) 1400-1500
    5. How often did you exercise and how long? Were weights included? cardio almost every day 45-60 minuets , 200 push ups everyday
    6. How long did it take you to lose that much weight? 30 days

**I haven't lost much weight but I've lost 43 1/2 inches"

3d9ccdd4-30e3-4af8-be43-f361598c1709_zpsfecb7363.jpg
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    1. How much weight have you lost? 41.2lbs
    2. What did you start at? 232
    3. How tall are you? 5'4" (and 51yo)
    4. How many calories did you eat daily? (approx) - started out at 1200 (MFP default), didn't like having to "diet", started reading the forums, discovered TDEE and IPORM, started eating about 1440cals + exericise calories, about 1700-2000 depending on exercise.
    5. How often did you exercise and how long? 5-7x/week - walking 2.5-4miles daily, 6-8mile hike on Saturdays. Were weights included? Added SL5x5 several weeks ago.
    6. How long did it take you to lose that much weight? 432 days of logging food and exercise

Thank you! flowerforyou

You're welcome. BTW, my food and exercise diary is open, feel free to check it out.
  • on_a_lark
    on_a_lark Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1. How much weight have you lost? Ten years ago I lost 33 lbs on Weight Watchers. Maintained for several years and in the past 3 years have gained nearly 25 back. Since January and tracking on MFP, I've lost about 9 lbs.
    2. What did you start at? 168
    3. How tall are you? 5'5"
    4. How many calories did you eat daily? (approx) Was on WW so don't know the calories then. Now about 1450 daily. That includes about 250 calories burned with exercise.
    5. How often did you exercise and how long? Were weights included? The year I lost 35 lbs was walking daily 3-4 miles. Now I walk 3 miles 3-4 times a week and do an exercise class that includes weights 3 days per week.
    6. How long did it take you to lose that much weight? A year to lose 35 lbs the year I turned 50. Am now almost 60.
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    1. Lost 79 pounds
    2. SW: 343
    3. Height: 5'9"
    4. Started at 2200 calories, currently at about 2000 (my activity level changed. I'd be at 1800 if I was still at sedentart)
    5. Now I exercise 3 times a week, with at least two of those days being strength training with resistance bands. When I started though I'd only go for a walk if I needed extra calories.
    6. 8 months, roughly.
  • dwm2112
    dwm2112 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    1. Overall: 42 lbs; since joining MFP: 15 lbs
    2. 255
    3. 5' 11"
    4. Before MFP, I don't know. With MFP: 1800 cals/day
    5. 60-90 minutes, 3-4 times/wk, weights included
    6. Overall: 9 months; been on MFP for 2 months
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    1. 35 pounds
    2. 235
    3. 5'6"
    4. 1500 calories and under 75 g carbs
    5. I rarely exercise but when I do I walk
    6. Took me 2 months to lose
  • WorkInProgress323
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I enjoyed reading everyone's responses and congrats on the success of weight loss. I know how hard it can be as I am having a hell of a time sticking to something.

4. It varies, but I attempt to "close" everyday (as I call it) under 600 calories. That's including exercise.

Farewell_friend, under 600 Calories? Aren't you hungry?
  • WorkInProgress323
    Options
    Besides watching your calorice intake and exercise, weight loss is also a mental game. I find I really need to use my postive affirmations and keep from over-reacting to every mistake I make to stay in the game. I swear, getting the mental part down is half the battle. That's where MFP helps a lot too. Having others to talk to has been a big help.
    Linda

I enjoyed reading your post, thank you for putting the time into it. I'm interested in what kind of affirmations you use.
  • WorkInProgress323
    Options
    1- I've lost approximately 40-45 pounds.
    2- My highest weight ever was 236
    3- I'm 6'1"
    4- I ate between 2800-3500
    5- I exercised 5 days a week weight training, including cardio only in my off days. Never trained for more than 1hr. My average training sessions would last 30minutes, but I always made sure those minutes counted. The exercise was intense (still is)
    6- At first my body responded very quick and I lost about 20 pounds in 2 months. Then I started hitting plateaus ine after another, but always staying focused and making changes. And in 8 months or so I dropped 40 in total. I wasn't concerned losing weight too fast. I concentrated in the quality of my life and healthy habits. Slow but steady.

That's fantastic! You look effing awesome!!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    3. How tall are you?

36lbs
    5' 9"
    1500-1700 cals per day
    every day - 45-60 minutes per day, 5 days a week I do fast cardio for 15-20 minutes and weights for 30-40 minutes, weekends I only do cardio
    Started this on January 3 (after the physical on the 2nd where I weighed 270 freakin' pounds :noway: )

I go back for a follow-up physical in July and cannot wait for the Dr's reaction to the change!! :happy:
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    3. How tall are you?

75 lbs.
    250 lbs.
    6' 0"
    Every other day - 90 minutes - Yes on weights
    18 months
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options

170 lbs :drinker:

340 lbs

3. How tall are you?

5'5"

when I was dieting, it was purposefully low calorie (it was under doctor supervision) - on maintenance, I am at 1500 calories

Walk daily and work out with a trainer 2x a week for strength training
    I didn't really start exercising until I was losing weight steadily for 3 months

a little over a year - but it was so worth it!

you can see progress pics on my profile

• kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 145 Member
    Options

1. How much weight have you lost? 130 pounds
    2. What did you start at? 353
    3. How tall are you? 5' 6.5" ( that 1/2 inch is VERY important!)
    4. How many calories did you eat daily? (approx) 1100-1500, depending on the day, Most days between 12-1400
    5. How often did you exercise and how long? Were weights included? 6-7 days/week, 30 min/day. (2) occasionally resistance bands when MS didn't keep me from them
    6. How long did it take you to lose that much weight? 4 1/2 years. I had a really long plateau and gained a little back when my dad passed

• aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    i just gotta say... you guys are badasses
  • farewell_friend
    farewell_friend Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I enjoyed reading everyone's responses and congrats on the success of weight loss. I know how hard it can be as I am having a hell of a time sticking to something.

Farewell_friend, under 600 Calories? Aren't you hungry?

That's after exercise so total kcal is more like 800-900 on an average day. And yeah, I get hungry. I'm hungry now???? But my desire to lose weight is greater than my hunger and I don't want to strength train even though I know that'd allow me to eat a lot more. Maybe one day...
  • Shaluna
    Shaluna Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1. How much weight have you lost? 6 lbs (this time)
    2. What did you start at? 223 lbs
    3. How tall are you? 5'3"
    4. How many calories did you eat daily? (approx) 2000, but I think I'll try to cut it down to 1800.
    5. How often did you exercise and how long? Were weights included? I mainly just walk, but I mean to go to a gym soon.
    6. How long did it take you to lose that much weight? about a month

I hope I can update this months from now with some more weight loss. :D