Options
Noogynoogs
Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
What tattoo do you have and how many?

Replies

• amykr93
    amykr93 Posts: 65
    Options
    I have had 8 different sittings, but 7 tattoos in general. From oldest to newest:

1. My sons name in italic letters with his DOB underneath in Roman numerals. I got this just after my 18th birthday (legal age in Scotland) and will never regret it.
    2. I got a dreamcatcher on my shin/ankle area. I had always been told that I'd never achieve my dreams of completing uni or doing anything with my life, as I was a young parent. However I pushed myself to the limit, giving myself Bells Palsy through stress, but I achieved an Honours Degree in Law, I am about to do a Postgrad in Teaching, I have worked for HMRC etc. It symbolises that you need to actually follow your dreams to achieve them, it's not enough to just want.
    3. I got a phoenix on my upper thigh. At the time I had just came out of two abusive relationships (I was only 18 - one was physical, emotional and psychological; the other emotional) and spent time finding myself again. I lost about 40lbs, gained my confidence and friendships again etc. It symbolises rebirth and believing in hope after destruction or devastation. It reminds me to stay strong.
    4. I got the Latin phrase "ab initio, ad infinitum" on the side of my foot. I found it in a law book, and it translates to "in the beginning, to continue forever/to infinity/to the end". It just reminds me that everything has a start and end point, and to make the most of everything in between. I know the translation is correct (my grandpa studied Latin at school and even he could translate it properly).
    5. I got an infinity symbol with the word 'love' written on my ankle. It's small, probably quite common, but ties in with most of my tattoos and how I try to live my life - I don't say "I love you" willy nilly, or in every relationship.
    6. I got a small Egyptian ankh on my upper back. I like the symbolism and how it represents eternal life.
    7. I got two swallows on my shoulder blade - but they are more decorative than cartoon-like. Swallows (out with sailing terminology) represents love, care and loyalty towards family and friends. They are placed near my ankh tattoo for a good reason. Swallows can only fly a certain distance from land, and always return home. Birds are also symbols of freedom and hope.
    8. I added to my phoenix tattoo with a design that included a wee design of flowers, vines and flames, and a stopwatch. I thought it just tied in with the reason behind getting my phoenix, the hope and destruction and rebirth.
  • Noogynoogs
    Options
    , my husband has a few themed around Angels and Devils I haven't any myself. Don't know what to have.
  • Noogynoogs
    Options
    Yours are so fascinating !
  • amykr93
    amykr93 Posts: 65
    Options
    Yours are so fascinating !

Thank you, many people don't like tattoos, or make comments, but I got mine for myself and I have my reasons behind them.
  • Noogynoogs
    Options
    My Husband is the same. He went to great lengths researching before he had them done.
  • Seraphina_Rowan
    Seraphina_Rowan Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have four, in this order I got...

1) My chest tattoo, its on my left side close to my heart-ish it says
    ''Forever & For Always 21.12.10'' Its the date that I came out about being bisexual.

2) My right forearm says
    ''Imperfection is Beautiful'' Just a quote that I love to death, and what I truly believe.

3 & 4) My wrists say
    My left: Breathe My right: Strength
    They have to do with my really bad mental health issues that I've struggled with for a long time now. I dont really want to fully get into the full reason/
  • dillenrm
    dillenrm Posts: 4
    Options
    I have two tattoos right now and I'm planning a third:
    1) I have a creature from an artist named Andrew Bell on my ankle that I got when I turned 18. Its a little silly but it represents high school and that part of my life.
    2) I have a tree on my side along my rib cage. The tree was based on a mural a friend painted on my bedroom wall that I had for the last two years of college. Again, the tattoo was a way to take a part of that phase of my life with me.

My third planned tattoo is to get a version of the design my friend created for my wedding on my foot. Its a branch with two birds that was a central part of the whole theme of my wedding and really represent my husband and I. I just haven't finalized on the design for that one yet and don't want to rush into it.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    1f03223e-df86-40ff-ab71-807c73a3f16b.jpg
  • Noogynoogs
    Options
    Nice :smile:
  • ZeldaMarooner7
    Options
    I plan on getting 8. I'll share the 4 that mean the most to me:

Family related tattoos:
    A green mushroom - Mom
    A football or drumsticks - Dad
    Horseshoe or hand grenade - Brother
    Music note - Other brother

:)
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I have a leaf with a ladybird crawling up it on my shoulder.
    Planning 3 little snowflakes on my inner hip when I re-hit my goal weight.
  • bigbadbubz
    Options
    Basically covered!
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have six. My first was a portrait of my dad. the rest are roses, skulls flames and things like that.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have 14 and getting number 15 next Saturday! All of mine are tropical. :)
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    i have 9(ish)- let me explain
    i have a flying peacock on my back lright shoulder blade
    i have a very large seated Bear on my back with my husbands screen name and real name on the rock by its feet
    i have a yin yang on my left calf in black and white with a nude man and woman in it
    then on my left inner ankle i have a tiger head
    i have yggdrasil on my right calf in color
    i have a separate pentacle entwined black work on my right calf lower down
    on the front of my chest above my left breast i have an ibis/owl head that i had "seen" in my dreams till i drew it and had it inked
    i have a butterfly on my right hand above my pinky
    THEN
    rose with leaves on my wrist for my first son , with his iniitial then a double leaf with ladybugs for my first set of twins on same forearm(in the works) with the boys initials
    then leaves with ladybugs and initials for my second(last) set of twins
    and then on my upper arm a heart shaped vine with my 3 middle daughters initials - this is all conected together by a bright green tinly lined vine-
  • LisAri72
    LisAri72 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have a Hawaiian hibiscus flower with my daughter's name under it on my ankle.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I have had 8 different sittings, but 7 tattoos in general. From oldest to newest:

1. My sons name in italic letters with his DOB underneath in Roman numerals. I got this just after my 18th birthday (legal age in Scotland) and will never regret it.
    2. I got a dreamcatcher on my shin/ankle area. I had always been told that I'd never achieve my dreams of completing uni or doing anything with my life, as I was a young parent. However I pushed myself to the limit, giving myself Bells Palsy through stress, but I achieved an Honours Degree in Law, I am about to do a Postgrad in Teaching, I have worked for HMRC etc. It symbolises that you need to actually follow your dreams to achieve them, it's not enough to just want.
    3. I got a phoenix on my upper thigh. At the time I had just came out of two abusive relationships (I was only 18 - one was physical, emotional and psychological; the other emotional) and spent time finding myself again. I lost about 40lbs, gained my confidence and friendships again etc. It symbolises rebirth and believing in hope after destruction or devastation. It reminds me to stay strong.
    4. I got the Latin phrase "ab initio, ad infinitum" on the side of my foot. I found it in a law book, and it translates to "in the beginning, to continue forever/to infinity/to the end". It just reminds me that everything has a start and end point, and to make the most of everything in between. I know the translation is correct (my grandpa studied Latin at school and even he could translate it properly).
    5. I got an infinity symbol with the word 'love' written on my ankle. It's small, probably quite common, but ties in with most of my tattoos and how I try to live my life - I don't say "I love you" willy nilly, or in every relationship.
    6. I got a small Egyptian ankh on my upper back. I like the symbolism and how it represents eternal life.
    7. I got two swallows on my shoulder blade - but they are more decorative than cartoon-like. Swallows (out with sailing terminology) represents love, care and loyalty towards family and friends. They are placed near my ankh tattoo for a good reason. Swallows can only fly a certain distance from land, and always return home. Birds are also symbols of freedom and hope.
    8. I added to my phoenix tattoo with a design that included a wee design of flowers, vines and flames, and a stopwatch. I thought it just tied in with the reason behind getting my phoenix, the hope and destruction and rebirth.

I love your reasons! This, to me, is what tattooing is all about. Symbolic!

I have none; I'm a blank slate.
  • numberonecynic
    numberonecynic Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This thread is no good without pics. I don't have any tats but I do like looking at them.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    4:

1) In Flames Jester - back, between my shoulder blades, going to add to it later.
    2) Eye of Ra - left wrist, outside.
    3) Hamsa - inside of left bicep.
    4) A crescent moon on the inside of my left ear (on the scapha) and three stars behind that same ear.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,691 Member
    Options
    Dang, I thought this was a boobs thread.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition