Not done, but still a success story. (Comparison pics)

Options
124»

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I've been at this for 14 months now. As of this week, I've lost 100 lbs. I still have about 120 lbs. to go, but still,,,,100 lbs.

Compare01small_zps7a607af5.jpg

From the beginning, the only thing more important to me than losing weight, was never putting it back on. So, I've been very gentle with myself. Moderation and patience have been key. No starving. No extreme exercise. I'm eating 2100-2300 calories per day. 35-40% protein/35% carbs/25-30% fat. I do aqua aerobics (like a maniac, because I love it) 3x/week. I hike 1-2x per week and I walk 1-3x per week. If I'm too tired, I take a few days off the exercise. As for the food, I've been very consistent.
    (I'm 51 years old....high weight 384 lbs.....started MFP at 375 lbs....goal weight 164 lbs.)

I was going to wait until I'd lost all 220 lbs. before I posted anything, but I took that picture last night and the comparison has inspired me, so I thought it might inspire someone else. Besides, this is about the journey as much as it is the destination.)

Excellent progress--and nice pacing. You should be inspired, and you'll keep on and will ride that high for a while yet to come. As one who has also shed the serious pounds, feel free to add me if you think it will help.
  • verasdaughter
    verasdaughter Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring.....congratulations!!!
  • cassanova792
    Options
    Amazing! Keep up the awesome work!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! You should be very proud!!
  • Keep_The_Laughter
    Keep_The_Laughter Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Cheers :drinker: Thanks for taking your time yo inspire the rest of us :flowerforyou:
  • Gingerkid05
    Gingerkid05 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! You look great!
  • Luuvy
    Luuvy Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm so inspired! You look amazing. Congratulations and keep up the great work:smile:
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! Keep up the great work!
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    awesome
  • KaleeCat
    KaleeCat Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Not only do you look slimmer, but you look sooo much younger!! Keep it up!
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Awesome - great work!
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Amazing job so far!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!