Need shoe help

Options
First off I am new to this, currently I am exercising in the only thing I have which is my old pair of converse (which hurt my feet)... the only other shoes I have is my vans but they make my feet too hot. My husband said I could get a pair of athletic shoes for my birthday (may) and to pick a pair around $50-60 on amazon but they all have awful reviews, every single one of them have multiple bad reviews, especially of the shoe falling apart which is a huge issue in all shoes I have owned because I wear shoes all the time and am really hard on shoes.

I am not sure what to look for honestly, I have never really exercised in my whole life and I was going to go with a general type shoe but I am not sure, I just want something with support to stop my feet from hurting, some traction and I would prefer they are not bright pink or white. I have found a lot of options but again, they all have bad reviews.

This is the pair I WAS leaning towards, but it also had a lot of bad reviews and I also like what they look like
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007HQ685Q/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=6Y16U8FH7FAM&coliid=I30IRVOOGSB6GV&psc=1

Input? Help please!

Replies

• rogerOb1
    rogerOb1 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    but it also had a lot of bad reviews

Um, not really - it has hundreds of good reviews and just a few bad ones.

If you can, Id recommend going to a store and trying on a few pairs (you can then see what feels right for you first hand and order them online later if you wish).

Personally my workout/running shoes are nike, new balance or brooks.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    What exercise are you going to be doing? If you're running, go to a running store and get fitted, it makes all the difference in the world.

Otherwise, you have to go somewhere and try some shoes on. You can then buy the pair you like on Amazon, but do NOT buy shoes you haven't put on your feet. That's how I ended up with a closet full of workout shoes that hurt my feet. In the long run, it was cheaper to get fit and spend 100$ on the perfect pair.

ETA: Don't buy a pair based on looks, my running shoes are not my style at all and it does not matter. They're tools, they can be ugly :)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Really need to know what type of exercise you plan on doing to suggest anything.
  • socialdchic
    socialdchic Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Right now I am doing Cardio and trying Zumba by my friends recommendation
  • socialdchic
    Options
    What kind of stores are good for shoes? Like I said, I am in the $50-60 price range... and I live in a small town
    but it also had a lot of bad reviews

Um, not really - it has hundreds of good reviews and just a few bad ones.

If you can, Id recommend going to a store and trying on a few pairs (you can then see what feels right for you first hand and order them online later if you wish).

Personally my workout/running shoes are nike, new balance or brooks.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

What kind of cardio?
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options

don't wear running sneakers when doing zumba.
  • socialdchic
    Options
    what do I need then?

don't wear running sneakers when doing zumba.
  • socialdchic
    Options
    I have been doing either the 25 min cardio video on the hasfit website or zumba

What kind of cardio?
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    what do I need then?

Try this site: http://bestexerciseshoes.com/zumba-shoes/

It will give you an idea of shoes that will help when you are cutting side to side and turning. That is why running shoes are not good because they are built to go forward with the running motion.
  • socialdchic
    Options
    ok, thanks :)
    what do I need then?

Try this site: http://bestexerciseshoes.com/zumba-shoes/

It will give you an idea of shoes that will help when you are cutting side to side and turning. That is why running shoes are not good because they are built to go forward with the running motion.
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I dont know about zumba shoes,,but IMO it will be hard to find a good running shoe for that price,,I have several pair I keep alternating..I also am hard on shoes and probably spend around $5-700 a year on shoes.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Giving shoe advice is tricky because what suits me may not suit you (I, for example run in minimalist shoes.. and some of my mates hate them .. each to his/her own) ..... So, probably the best advice is to go to a GOOD shop and try loads on.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Giving shoe advice is tricky because what suits me may not suit you (I, for example run in minimalist shoes.. and some of my mates hate them .. each to his/her own) ..... So, probably the best advice is to go to a GOOD shop and try loads on.

There are so many various types for different activities - chat up a sales person and find out what a good "all purpose" shoe will be.
  • socialdchic
    Options
    I know but its my only option, we just got out of a bad situation and are recovering and have a lot of bills
    I dont know about zumba shoes,,but IMO it will be hard to find a good running shoe for that price,,I have several pair I keep alternating..I also am hard on shoes and probably spend around $5-700 a year on shoes.
  • lharrop1669
    lharrop1669 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You might want to try the Nike Premier Flex TR2. It is good for cross training type workouts. As the others have said, go in and try them on. You can find them at department stores, such as, JCPenneys. They are priced reasonable and coupons and discounts are often available. Good luck!