sensible advice please.

Options
jonnyman41
jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
I going away in a few weeks; now I seriously know that you can't spot reduce and crash diets are a no no but... I would like to do a bit more to improve my shape, any ideas? Bear in mind I can't lift at the moment due to mild herniated discs in my neck and have a hip that needs some tender care (but can now run a little and swim) I am doing 5:2 at the moment and intend to keep that up so no drastic food changes planned
I am not expecting to lose any extra weight (apart from normal) but I am just after anything tried and tested methods that maybe firm up a little wobble (I have big wobbles but know in the time scale losing them completely would be impossible) I am in MFP for the long haul and have been here for quite a while (my weight loss gets reset at various times so the pound off is not all I have lost)
thanks

andrea

Replies

• ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I think you answered your own question. Run, swim, keep eating at your moderate deficit or your 5:2. Nobody is going to notice your "wobble" but they will notice if you feel confident and sexy, and that can come from sticking to a plan that you already know is working!

I hope your neck and hip feel better soon so you can hit the weights!
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Yeh I agree, I think you're doing everything you can at the moment, without aggravating your neck or hip, just be strong and try not to worry too much, everyone else will be worrying about their own issues to be looking at your 'wobbles'!!

(Btw hadn't realized you were also 'Andrea', lol!) x
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Planks and other core strength bodyweight exercises. Stretching or yoga to strength weak points. Developing some strength might help the herniation points.
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    like the idea of yoga and did try a hot yoga class recently. did not hurt my neck at all but the teacher was not too good and even went on her mobile phone while teaching the class so I did not go back again! there are others though that I could try.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Have you tried something like 30 day shred?